Download Service Packs
Important: The latest Security Manager Plus 5.5 build number is 5512. If you have already installed build 5512, you do not need any Service Packs or Hot Fixes.
How do I find out my build number? | What's New in 5512?
Instructions to Apply Service Pack / Hot Fix
Note: If Security Manager Plus has been installed as a root user in a Linux machine, continue with the below procedure logged in as a root user itself.
Follow steps 1 through 12 to apply the Service Pack or Hot Fix and start working with Security Manager Plus.
- Shut down Security Manager Plus server. (If Security Manager Plus is running as a service, stop the service)
- Please wait for a few moments till the server/service terminates completely
- Right-click on the Security Manager Plus tray icon and choose Exit
- Take a backup of the "entire" <Security Manager Plus> installation directory (e.g., C:/AdventNet/SecurityManager) and save it separately. This step is very important.
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat/.sh file present in the <SMP_Home>/bin directory. ( If you have installed Security Manager Plus on a system with UAC [Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008], right-click on UpdateManager.bat and 'Run as Administrator' )
- Click Browse and select the .PPM file (SP/HotFix) that you have downloaded.
- Click Install to install the service pack. This may take several minutes depending on the amount of information that needs to be migrated.
- Wait until the service pack/hot fix is fully installed.
- Click Finish and then click Exit to exit the Update Manager tool.
- Now, traverse to the <SMP_Home> directory and launch SecurityManager.exe. This will invoke the System Tray Icon that allows you to control the Security Manager Plus service
- Start the Security Manager Plus server service from the System Tray Icon (or) from Start menu --> Programs --> ManageEngine Security Manager Plus 5--> Start Service menu item.
The service pack/hot fix is now installed, and you can start working with the latest version of Security Manager Plus.
Back to Top
How do I find out my Build number?
Log in to the Security Manager Plus web client, and click the About link in the top pane. You will find the build number mentioned below the version number. This is the build number of the currently installed Security Manager Plus.
Back to Top
You can contact Security Manager Plus Support at any time for assistance in upgrading Security Manager Plus to the latest version.