ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus vs Lepide AD selfservice
- Lepide Active Directory Self Service (LADSS) is a web-based Active Directory self-service solution, which allows end users to reset password, unlock account and update personal information in the Windows Active Directory. Alternatively, domain users can also authorize co-workers to perform these tasks in their absence; thus, completely eliminating the need to call or raise IT tickets to system administrators or help desk personnel for password/account management tasks.
- LADSS helps to save valuable time and resources and instill power in the hands of end users but under the supervision of the administrator. Using LADSS, administrators can configure policies and automate self-service password reset whilst managing his tight schedule. Reports, schedule, end user notifications, and bulk enrollment features further aid administrators to eventually increase the organization’s ROI drastically.
Software features at a glance
|Self Service Management:||LADSS allows end-users to take control of their AD account by performing selfpassword reset and self-account unlock directly from the login screen and also keep Windows Active Directory updated with their latest personal information.|
|GINA/CP:||LADSS features GINA/CP for one-click access to software functionalities directly from the locked (CTRL+ALT+DEL) screen. Enrolled domain users can perform the required task with the ease of a single click.|
|Automatic Unlock Account:||Allows the administrator to configure policy for automatic account unlock at specified time for any particular domain OU’s. Admin can define in advance when to automatically unlock all locked out accounts at daily, weekly or monthly basis.|
|Bulk Enrollment:||Administrators can enroll hundreds of users collectively by importing user data through CSV files. Simply enter user’s SAM-Account Name and security questions and answers to create CSV files.|
|Authorize Co-Workers:||Empowers end-users to authorize co-workers for password reset and unlock account tasks on the user’s behalf from their own account.|
- Expiry notification: Allows to proactively notifying domain users regarding their password expiry; so that, users can change their password in advance.
- Enrollment notification: Admin can notify users to get themselves enrolled with LADSS to perform self-password reset, account unlock and self-info update tasks.
- Bulk enrollment notification: Admin can enroll users with LADSS and notify them about their login details, security questions, and about LADSS privileges.
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
|Feature||ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
|Lepide Active Directory SelfService||Quest Password Manager||Netwrix Password Manager|
|Automatic Account Unlock|
|Security based configuration|
|User Action and status reports|
Can the solution be considered value for money?
The professional version starts at $ 1195 for 500 users.
What customers say about us
CAMH will be able to save close to $26,000 a year on service desk calls related to Active Directory password resets and locked accounts, and will see a return on investment within the first six months of product implementation.
Judy OlivierProject Manager, CAMH
This tool helps me be in command of the technical environment in my Active Directory network. It is easier to find logs and manage more effectively. The cost for the many features got our attention.
Diego PontesTecnisa SATecnisa SA
Just about the best piece of security software that would put a smile on any security administrator
Jacinto GodinhoAdministrator: Quality Assurance and IT Security, Al-Ahli Bank of Kuwait