ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus vs Namescape MyPassword
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is a web based end-user self service reset password solution. This document provides a high level comparison between ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus and Namescape myPassword. The highlighted differences between the two offerings are tabulated below.
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
|Feature Description||ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
|Users Self Reset their Forgotten Passwords|
|Self Unlock locked out Accounts|
|Change Passwords meeting password complexity requirements from a Web Browser|
|Self Update of personal information in the Active Directory from a Web Browser.|
|Self Reset Password / Account Unlock from Windows Logon Screen (GINA)|
|Reset Password / Unlock Account from DMZ or Public Internet.|
|Reset Password / Unlock Account from Terminal Services|
|Set Different levels of challenges for users in different OU's when they are to reset password or unlock accounts with the application.|
|Internationalization and Localization Support|
|Single Sign On|
|Secret Question and Answers based password reset|
|The Secret Questions and Answers for all users can be completely or partially pre-populated in bulk or single by the administrator.|
|'CAPTCHA’ based word verification for password reset & account unlock so as to overcome brute force attacks.|
|Notify users on Password Expiry at scheduled times. (Password Expiry Notification)|
|Soon to Expire Password Email Notification to end users|
|Allow another user to Vouch and reset the password|
|Facilitates SSL Encryption|
|Users are forced to comply with Password Policy while Password Change.||
|Automatically Reset user passwords / Unlock Accounts at scheduled times.|
|Enforce users to change passwords at next logon after an Automatic Password Reset is done by administrator.|
|Context support for web server|
|Audit Reports on Password Reset and Account Unlock|
|Reports on Enrollment|
|Audit Reports on Self Update|
|Display Settings Customization (Logo, Theme and other pages in ADSelfService Plus).||NA|
|Allow users to view Password Policy Messages.|
|Facility to Modify the Password Policy messages viewed by Domain Users.|
|Supports Password Reset for Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Vista environments|
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
|Features||ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
|Framework Requirements||Not needed.||ASP .NET 2.0 Framework is required.|
|Multiple Browser Support|
Can the solution be considered value for money?
The professional version starts at $ 1195 for 500 users.
Both ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus and “Namescape myPassword” provide the basic self service password reset benefits.
- ADSelfService Plus allows users to self update their own personal information in the Active Directory. Thus making the software more convenient when compared to myPassword.
- ADSelfService Plus facilitates configuring OU Based Self Service Policies for Password Reset, Unlock Account, Self-Update and Change Password.
- The Automatic Password Reset facilities, single sign on option, soon-to-expire password notification via email to users are other added benefits of ADSelfService Plus solution.
- Namescape myPassword requires additional frameworks to be installed even before installing the application. No such framework requirements for ADSelfService Plus. This makes the software readily available for download and evaluation.
- ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus comes in 2 Versions Standard and Professional and provides the choice of deployment. The Standard edition of ADSelfService Plus starts $ 595 for 500 users and the professional version starts at $ 1295 for 500 users. The pricing of ADSelfService Plus is competitive and is readily available in our website for your reference and comparison. We are not aware of the pricing details of myPassword however we are confident of the pricing and value that ADSelfService Plus will add to any environment.
What customers say about us
CAMH will be able to save close to $26,000 a year on service desk calls related to Active Directory password resets and locked accounts, and will see a return on investment within the first six months of product implementation.
Judy OlivierProject Manager, CAMH
This tool helps me be in command of the technical environment in my Active Directory network. It is easier to find logs and manage more effectively. The cost for the many features got our attention.
Diego PontesTecnisa SATecnisa SA
Just about the best piece of security software that would put a smile on any security administrator
Jacinto GodinhoAdministrator: Quality Assurance and IT Security, Al-Ahli Bank of Kuwait