What is ADSelfService Plus?
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is an integrated self-service password management and single sign on solution. This solution helps domain users perform self-service password reset, self-service account unlock, employee self-update of personal details (e.g., mobile numbers and photos) in Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD). ADSelfService Plus also provides users with secure, one-click access to all SAML-supported enterprise applications, including Office 365, Salesforce, and G Suite, through AD-based single sign-on (SSO). For improved security, ADSelfService Plus offers multi-factor authentication for remote and local Windows, macOS, and Linux logins. Access control decisions for the above features can be automated based on users' risk factors such as IP address, time of access, device, and geolocation using conditional access. Administrators find it easy to automate password resets, account unlocks while optimizing IT expenses associated with help desk calls.
What problems does it solve?
- Reducing help desk workload: End users can reset their passwords, unlock their accounts, update their AD attributes, and subscribe to groups themselves, reducing the help desk workload and allowing administrators to focus on other crucial tasks.
- Securing user accounts: Multi-factor authentication secures endpoint (Windows, macOS, and Linux) and enterprise application (through SSO) logins by implementing additional methods of authentication besides the standard username and password.
- Streamlining access to enterprise applications: Single sign-on allows users to log in to their AD account and access on-premises and cloud applications without logging in again.
- Enforcing universal password policies: The Password Policy Enforcer allows admins to implement a custom password policy that complies with NIST, HIPAA, and CJIS regulations.
- Enhancing employee productivity: Self-service actions help users regain access to their AD accounts and update their profile information within minutes. It also reduces their dependency on the help desk. The Password Expiration Notifier feature alerts users about impending password expiry, allowing them to have uninterrupted access to their accounts.