QuickBooks synchronization is driven by QuickBooks Web Connector.
While configuring this integration, it is recommended that you login to ServiceDesk Plus - MSP from the system, in which QuickBooks is installed. This is because:
Steps involved to establish QuickBooks integration
Login to the ServiceDesk Plus - MSP application using the Username and Password of an Admin user.
Click the Admin tab in the header pane.
- Under Integrations block, click QuickBooks . The Integration - QuickBooks configuration wizard is shown.
Follow the below configuration steps one-by-one:
Select the modules that you wish to synchronize between ServiceDesk Plus - MSP and QuickBooks:
Click the Select Modules button. A new window opens up.
Choose either of the modules Account <-> Customer or Worklog <-> Invoice.
- Select the Enable Integration checkbox, to proceed with the integration.
Account <-> Customer:
- This module allows synchronization between ServiceDesk Plus - MSP accounts and QuickBooks customers.
- Choose the Type of Transfer. Click this link to know what 'Account Transfer' and 'Data Priority' choices mean.
- Use the Accounts To Transfer filter to synchronize only selected/filtered accounts.
- The Map Fields section can be used to link-up specific fields in ServiceDesk Plus - MSP accounts and QuickBooks customers.
Worklog <-> Invoice: [You need to first enable "Account <-> Customer", before enabling this]
- Worklogs can be periodically exported from ServiceDesk Plus - MSP to generate invoices in QuickBooks.
- Periodicity allows you to export worklogs daily, weekly or monthly.
- You can choose ServiceDesk Plus - MSP modules like Request, Problem, Change, Projects, from which worklogs need to be exported.
- Worklogs To Export allows you to filter worklogs, you wish to export by 'Worklog Type'.
- Worklog Type should be mapped to Item in QuickBooks, so that worklogs are created as appropriate items.
- Invoice Line Item Description can be custom generated using field.
- Worklog time gets exported as Invoice line item quantity. This can be exported as either hours and minutes, or minutes.
- Download and install QuickBooks Web Connector on the same machine where you have installed QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks Web Connector provides an interface for ServiceDesk Plus - MSP to communicate with QuickBooks. It needs to be installed on the same machine where QuickBooks is installed.
- Download and install QuickBooks Web Connector that is compatible with the version of QuickBooks that you are using.
- You can download QuickBooks Web Connector by visiting http://marketplace.intuit.com/webconnector.
- Enable the checkbox, once you have finished installing the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Generate and download .qwc file that has configuration parameters, which allows QuickBooks Web Connector to connect with ServiceDesk Plus - MSP:
- Click the Generate .qwc file button. The below window pops up.
- Provide the location of your company file [.qbw] to generate the .qwc file.
- Make note of the password that gets displayed.
- Add this .qwc file to the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Choose to allow access to your company file, even if QuickBooks is not started.
- Set up an interval at which the QuickBooks Web Connector will contact ServiceDesk Plus - MSP and synchronize data.
- Provide the password generated by ServiceDesk Plus - MSP to the QuickBooks Web Connector.
After generating the .qwc file, launch the QuickBooks Web Connector, click Add an Application and select this generated .qwc file. Follow the on-screen instructions in the QuickBooks Web Connector to complete integration setup.
- Select the Timezone of the machine, in which ServiceDesk Plus - MSP is installed. [Note: Ensure that proper time and timezone are set on the machines, where QuickBooks and ServiceDesk Plus - MSP are installed]
- Enable detailed logging during QuickBooks sync, if required.
- Once you are done with all the above configurations, click Save.
Note: You need to run ServiceDesk Plus - MSP on a Secure HTTPS connection, to enable QuickBooks integration. If you want to bypass this restriction, follow steps provided in this thirdparty page:
Please be noted that this way of bypassing security restrictions is not recommended. Use this only for testing.