You can now access ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using a subdomain to sdpondemand.manageengine.com or your own customized domain. Customized domain will help you access ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using a URL that is part of your organization domain.
To configure a subdomain :
- Login to ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using your Organization admin's credentials
- Go to Admin » Self-Service portal settings page
- Configure the subdomain in the "Domain Mapping" section
Now onwards, you can access ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using <Subdomain>. sdpondemand.manageengine.com
For accessing ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using a customized domain for your organization, please follow the steps below:
- Add & Verify your domain
- Configure Custom domain
- Adding a CNAME entry
Add & verify your domain
1. Login to ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using your Organization admin's credentials
2. Go to Admin » Organization Details » Domains page
3. Add and verify your domain here
Why should I add and verify my domain ?
a) When you import users from Active Directory to Zoho / Servicedesk Plus
On-Demand, invitation mail will not be sent to the imported users, whose email address has the verified domain name.
b) You need to verify your domain for using customized domain feature
c) Verification is necessary for us to confirm your ownership of the domain
Configure Custom domain
By configuring custom domain, you can access ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using your own customized domain URL (e.g., helpdesk.zillum.com)
You can configure custom domain in "Domain Mapping" section in Admin » Self-Service Portal settings page
Please note that, https mode will not be available for customized domains due to certificate issues. If you want to access your customized domain in https, please feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding a CNAME entry
- Once you have configured custom domain, add a CNAME entry for your custom domain (example, helpdesk.zillum.com) which should point to customer-sdpondemand.manageengine.com
- While adding the CNAME alias in your DNS management page, for the example helpdesk.zillum.com, the CNAME is helpdesk, and Host Name that should be given is customer-sdpondemand.manageengine.com
- After adding the CNAME, see if you are able to access ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand using the configured customized domain (that is, http://helpdesk.zillum.com should load ServiceDesk Plus On-Demand dashboard page).
- Please note that it can take up to 2 hours for the CNAME entry to get propagated across all DNS servers and the changes to take effect.
Once you configure a customized domain or subdomain, the login page will look as below. You can change the logo in Admin » Organization Details page.
In case you have any question or are in need of support while following the steps above, please feel free to mail us at email@example.com. Our support engineers would be glad to help you out!