Emails are converted to requests and fields like groups, technicians, priority, categories are assigned through business rules in ServiceDesk Plus. When multiple fields have to be assigned, there would be a need for complex multiple business rules, ending up in complicating the process.
ServiceDesk Plus provides an easy solution of using simple email commands which can be use to set different fields through an email. The application will automatically parse the email and various request fields are set from the e-mail content based on the parsing delimiters.
- E-mail Command allows the technician to delimit fields in the e-mail, according to which the e-mail can be parsed and corresponding fields can be set
- Level, mode, priority, urgency, impact, category, subcategory, item, group, technician, Technician e-mail, Requester, Requester e-mail, Request id, Request Template, Request type,site, asset are the fields that can be assigned through email commands
- Ability to use any special character as the command delimiter
- Request operations like editing, picking up and closing the request can also be done through email commands
- Email commands eliminate the need for complex business rules when multiple fields in request have to be assigned
- Multiple fields can be assigned through simple email commands which in turn increases the productivity and efficiency of the technicians