Import IT Assets from CSV file
ServiceDesk Plus helps you import your IT Asset details saved in CSV (Comma Separated values) format. If you have the details in XLS format, then open it with Microsoft Excel, save it as a CSV file, and import it.
Steps to Import
1. Click the Assets tab. Click the required IT Asset (say, Server) whose details you wish to import.
2. From the Assets List View page displayed, click the Import from CSV link at the top right corner.
3. The CI Import Wizard is displayed, where the CI Type field carries the IT Asset (say, Server) chosen in step:1. You can also choose a different IT Asset.
4. Click the Choose File button and locate the CSV file. Click Submit. The column headers in the uploaded CSV file are displayed in drop down boxes as shown below.
5. Choose a Date Format. Remember, all the date fields in the CSV file should be of the same format.
6. Choose the appropriate column headers for the fields displayed. For example, if you have selected the CI Type as Server, specify the Asset Details by selecting from the respective combo boxes. The columns in CSV file are populated in the select boxes beside each field label (Refer the above screenshots).
7. Click Import to import the existing data from the CSV file. Once the data is imported, the result is shown with details like the number of records added and overwritten, and the number of records failed to import.