Credentials Library - Repository for Scan Credentials
About Credentials Library
Credentials Library houses various scan credentials technicians use for monitoring/scanning assets like workstations, servers, printers etc. Apart from serving as a repository for storing scan credentials, this library allows technicians to configure (as well as edit) new scan credentials as and when required. All scan credentials associated with ServiceDesk Plus will be stored in this library.
Supported Credential Types and Protocols
|Windows Scan Credentials
||Scanning Windows Workstations/Servers
|Unix Scan Credentials
||Scanning Unix Workstations/Servers
|Device Scan Credentials
||Scanning devices like printer,router etc.
|VMware Device Specific Scan Credentials
||Scanning VMware devices
|Remote Access Credentials
||Establishing remote connection with workstations
Configuring Scan Credentials - using Credentials Library
To configure Scan Credentials:
- Login to ServiceDesk Plus using your credentials
Select Admin tab --> Discovery block --> Credentials Library
Click on Add New Credential link (available at the top-right corner)
New Credential Pop-Up Opens up as shown below:
Select Credential Type (Windows WMI, Telnet/SSH Protocol, SNMP V1/V2, VMWare (OR) Remote Control)
Provide a suitable Name and Description.
Enter the Username and Password.
- In case of Telnet/SSH credentials specify the following:
Protocol - Telnet/SSH
- Port Number - Set at 22 by default.
- Public or Private Key based authentication.
- In case of SNMP V3 credentials specify the following:
- Enter the Username and Context Name.
Authorization and Encryption Protocols:
- Choose Either MD5 or SHA for Authorization Protocol and DES or AES-128 for Encryption Protocol.
- Once the corresponding protocol type is selected, enter the Authorization password.
- Once the Encryption protocol is selected, enter the Encryption password.
- Enter the SNMP Port Number - It is set at 161 by default.
Timeout (Indicates the time after which the connection would be terminated) - It is set at "5" secs by default which can be changed.
Retries (Indicates the no. of attempts that can be made before the timeout happens) - It is set at "0" by default which can be changed.
- In case of VMWare credentials specify the following:
- In case of Remote Control Credentials specify the following:
- Remote Control Credentials need to be specified while establishing Remote Control with client machines.
- Credentials configured using Credentials Library will be available for use under: Network Scan and Workstation Scan as well.
- Encryption Protocol can be configured only after the Authorization Protocol is configured. These two protocol configurations are not mandatory.
Configuring Scan Credentials: from Network Scan (or) Windows/Device Scan
Scan Credentials being configured from Network Scan (on left) and Workstation Scan (on right) pages