These product roadmaps provide an overview of what is coming in the future releases of ServiceDesk Plus - the complete, ITIL Ready, help desk and asset management software solution, with tentative release. schedules. If you would like to see a new feature or vote on suggested features in future releases of ServiceDesk Plus, make sure to visit http://roadmap.manageengine.com/sdp
Note: This is only a tentative schedule. The implementation of the feature set may vary based on internal priorities and time.
Work In Progress
|Updated on 25 July 2017
- Ability to create multiple Projects from Change and child Changes for a Project.
- Service Catalog
- Preventive maintenance tasks for Service request templates. Current preventive maintenance can create only Incidents.
- Ability to create Purchase Order for non-Asset type of purchases like training, services.
- New UI for Request list view and details page.
- User merge tool - To merge duplicate users.
- Ability to view pending requests for a requester while creating a new request.
- Survey Enhancements
- Support to configure different survey templates for different type of Requests.
- Ability to send ad-hoc survey (than survey to be associated with Request).
- Ability to set periodic ad-hoc survey (send survey automatically once in every 3 months, 6 months,..).
- Ability to configure different answers for different questions.
Option to custom sort the order of Service categories listing and Service catalog templates.
Additional fields for Projects.
Ability to create business views for cmdb so as to effectively see graphical views of selected CIs.
Support to merge Service Requests. Currently only Incidents can be merged.
Option not to scan Assets in certain resource states.
To configure custom scripts for actions in business rule. Custom scripts will be invoked before storing request data. This will be helpful whether to deny certain operations or to update field values (like additional field value) which are not currently supported in business rule action.
Ability to include attachments for Request resolution
- Conversation for Change Requests.
- Service Catalog
- To mark cost associated with a Service request offering.
- Ability to include images for service catalog resources.
Request Form Customizer :
- Ability to define Section, label text for section, fields inside section so that dragging a section will include the fields inside the section.
- To set default height of description field and other rich text additional fields.
- Ability to include help card for filling the form (which could be helpful for requesters to fill the form properly).
- Full customization of request form layout/canvas.
- Mark the field, if it is used in any field and form rule.
- To support different type of additional fields like radio button, check box, rich text field.
Mobile App features:
- Bar code scan of Asset.
- Approval action.
- To create request based on Request templates.
- View and search Solutions module.
- To bring module level administrative roles (like SDHelpdeskAdmin, SDAssetAdmin,..) to perform module level administrative operations relative to that module (instead to provide SDAdmin role to do the configurations).
- All must approve feature for incident request.
- Technician shift timing and to assign requests based on shift.
- Ability to configure Request fields to be shown in Task details page.
- Watch list for Requests.
Currently while taking approval action, approver can either Approve or Reject. We are bringing in ability for approver to seek more info from requester / technician before making approval decision.
Option to add notes while assigning a request.
Major incident management. Support to bring members, stake holders from various teams and effectively handle major incidents.
- Ability for Requester to cancel the Request raised by them.
- Rescheduling milestone/task schedules based on delay / advancement of other schedules
- Solution enhancements.
- To include 'Expiry' date for solution.
- Additional fields for Solution.
- Requester can add comments over solution article.
- Requester can mark Like / Unlike over a solution article.
- Option to link Solutions.
Yet to Start:
- Different operational hours for different days.
- To include a log entry in Log viewer for all Admin operations (like adding, editing, deleting entry in admin configuration section). Entries are missing for some of the actions.
- Configuring backup approver for Requesters.
- Custom filter for Change Requests views.
- Currently when a request is shared to technicians, their general request permissions (edit, delete,..) will be applied to shared request. We will look to include the ability to share request with 'Read' only permission to technicians.
- Dependency between tasks across milestones
- Configuring dependency between milestones