These product roadmaps provide an overview of what is coming in the future releases of ServiceDesk Plus - the complete, ITIL Ready, help desk and asset management software solution, with tentative release. schedules. If you would like to see a new feature or vote on suggested features in future releases of ServiceDesk Plus, make sure to visit http://roadmap.manageengine.com/sdp
Note: This is only a tentative schedule. The implementation of the feature set may vary based on internal priorities and time.
Work In Progress
|Updated on 12th October 2016
- Option to convert Service Request to Incident ticket.
- Auto suggest Solution for Technicians based on Request details.
- Project templates (similar to Request templates).
Need to display the number of times a Solution is used to resolve requests.
Ability to configure organization roles (like Site Manager, Department Approver, Region Head,..) for Organization, Region, Site, Department and use them for Approvals (similar to existing Dept_head, Reporting_to).
SMS through gateway (currently SMS is sent through email).
Ability to hide default CI Types.
Change Module Access For Requesters.
- Site Referring another Site : Currently a Site settings can refer to Default settings. With this enhancement a Site settings can refer the settings of another Site.
- Ability to create Purchase Order for non-Asset type of purchases like training, services.
- Ability to associate multiple Changes for a Project.
- Option for Technician auto assign and backup technician assignment based on Request created time (currently it is based on Request due by time).
- User merge tool - To merge duplicate users.
Search component in Request drop down values.
Integration with ManageEngine AD Manager Plus so as to create user, delete user, unlock user in Microsoft Active Directory from Request details page itself (through ManageEngine AD Manager Plus application).
- Dashboard customization :
- Ability to reorder / remove existing widgets.
- Option to embed external widgets into Dashboard.
- Create Managerial Dashboard and allow Requesters to view Managerial Dashboard.
- Group based filtering in widget.
Chat feature :
- Ability for Requester to raise chat.
- Chat room where on going chat sessions can be tracked.
- Alert in technician screen when a new chat request is raised.
- Support to view the requester info, pending requests, asset info of requester.
- Transfer chat from one technician to another.
- Ability to create new request from chat transcript.
- Ability to add chat transcript as a notes / resolution to a request.
- Survey Enhancements
- Support to configure different survey templates for different type of Requests.
- Ability to send ad-hoc survey (than survey to be associated with Request).
- Ability to set periodic ad-hoc survey (send survey automatically once in every 3 months, 6 months,..).
- Ability to configure different answers for different questions.
- Option to execute Custom Scripts at scheduled intervals (this in turn is helpful in integrating with external applications).
- Ability for the technician to mark online / offline which will be helpful to assign requests / tasks.
- Drop down user search for easy user selection for change roles.
- Ability to list Requests and Tasks in a single page.
Ability for requester to edit a request. Currently requester cannot edit a request once submitted. With the proposed model, requester can edit their request till it gets approved.
Option to custom sort the order of Service categories listing and Service catalog templates.
Users deleted in AD will be automatically deleted in SDP (based on configuration).
Ability to mark a 'Group' as inactive (similar to inactive marking for Sites).
Request Form Customizer :
- Ability to define Section, label text for section, fields inside section so that dragging a section will include the fields inside the section.
- To set default height of description field and other rich text additional fields.
- Ability to include help card for filling the form (which could be helpful for requesters to fill the form properly).
- Full customization of request form layout/canvas.
- Mark the field, if it is used in any field and form rule.
- To support different type of additional fields like radio button, check box, rich text field.
- Service Catalog
- Preventive maintenance tasks for Service request templates. Current preventive maintenance can create only Incidents.
- Ability to duplicate a service request.
Mobile App features:
- Bar code scan of Asset.
- Approval action.
- To create request based on Request templates.
- View and search Solutions module.
- New UI for Request list view and details page.
- Technician shift timing and to assign requests based on shift.
- Ability to configure Request fields to be shown in Task details page.
- Watch list for Requests.
- Conversation for Change Requests.
- Solution enhancements.
- To include 'Expiry' date for solution.
- Additional fields for Solution.
- Requester can add comments over solution article.
- Requester can mark Like / Unlike over a solution article.
- Option to link Solutions.
- Service Catalog
- To mark cost associated with a Service request offering.
- Ability to include images for service catalog resources.
Yet to Start:
- Option to mark mandatory question in Survey.
- Ability for Requester to cancel the Request raised by them.
- Different operational hours for different days.
To include a log entry in Log viewer for all Admin operations (like adding, editing, deleting entry in admin configuration section). Entries are missing for some of the actions.
To bring module level administrative roles (like SDHelpdeskAdmin, SDAssetAdmin,..) to perform module level administrative operations relative to that module (instead to provide SDAdmin role to do the configurations).
Configuring backup approver for Requesters.
Ability for requesters to view Change in which they belong.
Custom filter for Change Requests views.