These product roadmaps provide an overview of what is coming in the future releases of ServiceDesk Plus - the complete, ITIL Ready, help desk and asset management software solution, with tentative release. schedules. If you would like to see a new feature or vote on suggested features in future releases of ServiceDesk Plus, make sure to visit http://roadmap.manageengine.com/sdp
Note: This is only a tentative schedule. The implementation of the feature set may vary based on internal priorities and time.
Work In Progress
|Updated on 10th April 2017
- Ability to hide default CI Types.
- Ability to create multiple Projects from Change and child Changes for a Project.
- Integrating Change module data of ServiceDesk Plus into ManageEngine Analytics Plus reporting tool.
- Users deleted in AD will be automatically deleted in SDP (based on configuration).
- Site Referring another Site : Currently a Site settings can refer to Default settings. With this enhancement a Site settings can refer the settings of another Site.
- Option for Technician auto assign and backup technician assignment based on Request created time (currently it is based on Request due by time).
- Option to auto close request when the request is rejected by approver
- Service Catalog
- Preventive maintenance tasks for Service request templates. Current preventive maintenance can create only Incidents.
- Ability to create Purchase Order for non-Asset type of purchases like training, services.
- User merge tool - To merge duplicate users.
- Ability to view pending requests for a requester while creating a new request.
- Ability for Requester to raise chat.
- Chat room where on going chat sessions can be tracked.
- Alert in technician screen when a new chat request is raised.
- Support to view the requester info, pending requests, asset info of requester.
- Transfer chat from one technician to another.
- Ability to create new request from chat transcript.
- Ability to add chat transcript as a notes / resolution to a request.
- Survey Enhancements
- Support to configure different survey templates for different type of Requests.
- Ability to send ad-hoc survey (than survey to be associated with Request).
- Ability to set periodic ad-hoc survey (send survey automatically once in every 3 months, 6 months,..).
- Ability to configure different answers for different questions.
- Ability to list Requests and Tasks in a single page.
Option to custom sort the order of Service categories listing and Service catalog templates.
Additional fields for Projects.
Ability to create business views for cmdb so as to effectively see graphical views of selected CIs.
Support to merge Service Requests. Currently only Incidents can be merged.
Option not to scan Assets in certain resource states.
To configure custom scripts for actions in business rule. Custom scripts will be invoked before storing request data. This will be helpful whether to deny certain operations or to update field values (like additional field value) which are not currently supported in business rule action.
Ability to include attachments for Request resolution
Ability to mark 'Favorite' views for Request list view. Favorite views will be listed on the top of the request list view drop down
Request Form Customizer :
- Ability to define Section, label text for section, fields inside section so that dragging a section will include the fields inside the section.
- To set default height of description field and other rich text additional fields.
- Ability to include help card for filling the form (which could be helpful for requesters to fill the form properly).
- Full customization of request form layout/canvas.
- Mark the field, if it is used in any field and form rule.
- To support different type of additional fields like radio button, check box, rich text field.
Mobile App features:
- Bar code scan of Asset.
- Approval action.
- To create request based on Request templates.
- View and search Solutions module.
- New UI for Request list view and details page.
- Technician shift timing and to assign requests based on shift.
- Ability to configure Request fields to be shown in Task details page.
- Watch list for Requests.
- Conversation for Change Requests.
Currently while taking approval action, approver can either Approve or Reject. We are bringing in ability for approver to seek more info from requester / technician before making approval decision.
Option to add notes while assigning a request.
Major incident management. Support to bring members, stake holders from various teams and effectively handle major incidents.
- Ability for Requester to cancel the Request raised by them.
- Solution enhancements.
- To include 'Expiry' date for solution.
- Additional fields for Solution.
- Requester can add comments over solution article.
- Requester can mark Like / Unlike over a solution article.
- Option to link Solutions.
- Service Catalog
- To mark cost associated with a Service request offering.
- Ability to include images for service catalog resources.
Yet to Start:
- Different operational hours for different days.
- To include a log entry in Log viewer for all Admin operations (like adding, editing, deleting entry in admin configuration section). Entries are missing for some of the actions.
- To bring module level administrative roles (like SDHelpdeskAdmin, SDAssetAdmin,..) to perform module level administrative operations relative to that module (instead to provide SDAdmin role to do the configurations).
- Configuring backup approver for Requesters.
- Custom filter for Change Requests views.