With ServiceDesk Plus, transform the way your ticketing system works to enhance your ticket resolution experience.
Essential features for efficient IT inventory management
Automatically scan and discover assets from multiple sites using different scanning techniques such as Windows domain scan, script scan, or agent-based scan.
Assign suitable asset states to all the assets in your organization with default Asset States such as In Use, In Store, In Repair, Expired, and Disposed, or create custom states to keep asset data up to date.
Manage assets effectively with better control by categorizing and organizing them into custom asset groups based on set criteria.
Maximize asset utility by marking assets as loanable, and track them from the time of issue to return.
Monitor all your assets in the inventory easily throughout their entire life cycle from procurement to disposal, and schedule automated periodic scans and configure alerts for software updates, license expiries, depreciation, and more.
Build visual relationship maps for users, assets, and configuration items (CIs) with relationship types and dependencies, and identify potential impacts on CIs from incidents, problems, and changes.
Use your stats to make better business decisions and ensure consistent audit-readiness with custom, query, and preconfigured reports. Drill down to get the most accurate numbers and manage assets efficiently.
Centralize all your software asset data and manage it effectively with predefined custom statuses; software type such as freeware or malware; details on purchase including vendor, cost, license expiry, and depreciation; automate periodic scans on individual assets; and stay updated on the status of each asset.
Build an inventory of all your hardware assets including Windows machines, virtual machines (VMs), and network devices with easy automatic scanning and tracking with periodic alerts. Maintain comprehensive asset data such as hardware specifications, software installed on them, asset ownership, and status for easy access and visibility into assets.
Awards & Recognitions
Check out these best practices for an ace IT inventory management with ServiceDesk Plus:
- Move on from using spreadsheets to store data, which is prone to errors, and build an inventory to store all asset information centrally.
- Take control over all your software and hardware assets with auto-scans using multiple sources such as agents; Windows, network, or distributed scans; and barcodes.
- Categorize assets into Asset Types, Product Types, and custom Asset Groups for easier tracking.
- Monitor assets throughout their entire life cycle from procurement to disposal by assigning Asset States to mark the status of assets, mapping user workstations, and using Asset Loans.
- Analyze potential impacts on CIs, and make better business decisions with the CMDB, which allows you to visualize the assets in your inventory, their relationships with each other, and their corresponding IT services.
- Track asset depreciation and other costs with features such as Depreciation, Cost Center, and GL codes.
- Manage all your asset purchases and control your IT spending. Stay updated on IT purchases with details on vendors, approvals, invoices, payments, and associated assets.