- SDF-63109 : Two-factor authentication
Users can now be mandated to use an additional authentication mode such as Google Authenticator or email-based OTP along with regular passwords to log into the application. To learn more, click here.
- SDF-59658 : Kanban View
Technicians can view requests in a billboard format where the requests are grouped as cards based on assigned technician/status/priority. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-92104 : ZIA Reopen
Zia can now evaluate user responses to closed requests and automatically reopen requests that need further processing. Click here to learn more.
- SDF-84267 : ESM at Advanced Analytics
Integrate Advanced Analytics with all service desk instances and sync data instantly across several instances. You can also choose to have a common/separate account for each instance.
- SDF-92108 : Microsoft Calendar Integration
Technicians' leave records maintained in Microsoft Calendar can be synced and managed from ServiceDesk Plus Calendar. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-92143 : Actionable Messages for Outlook
Users can perform help desk actions from Outlook mailbox via actionable mails sent from ServiceDesk Plus. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-70191 : Recommend Template
Technicians can now recommend a template via email to update the request. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-92114 : Portal Specific Translation
Translate texts across all service desk instances (under Common Translations) or for specific service desk instances (under Portal Translations). To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-79617 : ESM - Global Search across instances
Users can now search for requests, solutions, projects, and announcements across instances based on their scope. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-90428 : Service additional fields support in the custom trigger
Service Catalog additional fields can now be used as Criteria or variables for SMS or Email Notifications under Custom Triggers.
- SDF-92105 : Change classic and color settings
- Technicians can now view change requests in Classic View. Classic view displays change requests as an extensive list where the vital information is displayed as fixed columns, while further information can be viewed under the subject. To learn more, Click here.
- Technicians can search through classic view using Advanced Search by selecting the column, criteria and the appropriate values.
- The SDAdmin can color change requests in list view and classic view, based on various categorizations. To configure/view the color settings, click Color Palette in change list view or classic view. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-76346 : Details Page Layout Customization.
- SDF-60888 : Technician Auto Assign Enhancement
- SDF-82817 : Notes Enhancements
Added support for attachments for request notes. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-72105 : AnnouncementConfig Role
- Introducing a new role "AnnoucementConfig" for managing announcement-related operations such as view, add, edit, and delete announcements. This is a non-editable role.
- Announcement related permissions can be configured for each role independently.
- Additionally, on migrating to this patch, existing announcement roles for the custom roles are removed and AnnouncementConfig role is added to all the technicians. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-90076 : Default Catalog Widgets for Technician Login
Technicians can add request catalog, incident catalog, and service catalog as default widgets on the Home page. Click here to learn more.
- SDF-84740 : Portal landing page customization for users
The Organization Admin can configure a default landing page for all users in the organization from ESM Directory >> ESM Portal Customization in any of the following ways :
- SDF-84600 : Login based reports as default
New query reports based on user login are added as default Login Reports. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-55884 : Customizing the Trashed Request Deletion Time Limit
You can now customize the time frame for permanently deleting trashed requests under ESM Directory >> Application Settings (in multi-instance setups) or Admin >> Self-Service Portal Settings (in single-instance setups).
- SDF-92109 : Request API for attach and Inline
Added support for API operations to add request attachments and resolution attachments.
- SDF-84777 : Admin - Helpdesk Customizer
Under Admin >> Helpdesk Customizer, sub-lists of a list will open as a sub-section on the same page. Also, forms will open in pop-up boxes, retaining the existing screen in the background.
To learn about the related API changes, Click here
- SDF-89319 : Reminder UI Revamp
- Reminder list view and Add Reminder form UI revamped for ease of operation.
- Add Reminder form will now open as a pop-up from list view and from Reminder widget in Home page.
- SDF-92107: Live Chat Support
- ManageEngine' Live Chat support channel can now be accessed within the application.
- To access it, go to Community >> Chat Support >> Live Chat or Help >> Live Chat. To learn more, Click here.
- SDF-51486 : Change API
- Added support for New Change REST API V3 with all operations. Please refer the product API Documentation for operations and details.
- SDF-84360 : Project API
- V3 API format changed for projects, milestones, tasks, worklogs, comments. Click here for more details.
- SDF-92116 : Users can now obtain values of fields such as email ID, domain name, and server time of the logged-in user using scripts. Click here to learn more.
- SDF-84537 : Email Command Enhancements
- EditRequest operation now supports attachments.
- Support for Editor and EditorEmail keys for service requests.
- Add or edit resources in service requests based on service templates. To learn more, Click here.
The $nonloginlink variable is removed from Change Notification Templates for new setups.
For migrated setups, the variable will not be replaced with link from 11128 build and above. Existing email notifications with this variable will now redirect to the login page.
Add multiple approvals to any change stage. Apart from the CAB approval, you can add up to 10 approval
Support groups can be assigned to work on problems and group-based permissions can be configured for problems.
Reports can be generated for problems based on Group column
The variable $group is added to notification templates for Problem module.
Added stage-specific approval notifications for service templates.
New variable included to add a table summarizing the resources associated with a request.
You can now disable concurrent user login from different IP addresses.
File attachments in the application server is now password protected. A random password is generated and stored under Admin >> Security Settings. Instance Owner/SDAdmin can view or change the password if required.
- SD-88802, SD-87603, SD-87573, SD-87575 : Language preference set to browser default language is not reflected in the listview columns if the browser default language is non-English.
- SD-89051 : File not found error thrown during patch upgrade in 11110 build and above.
(Released on 22 September, 2020)
- SDF-89458 : Catalog titles are now named as Incident Catalog, Service Catalog and Service Categories based on the widget type.
- SD-85081 : While replying or forwarding a request, $Description variable is replaced with request description instead of conversation thread description. This occurs only during requester login
- SD-86822 : When a requester replies, the draft is not deleted if it saved and sent from the same window
- SD-87911 : If a requester opens a request in On Hold status via requester reply, it is not captured in the Request History
- SD-88840 : Error thrown when status change OnHold comments contains more than 100 characters during global edit
- SD-89080 : Approvers without View Request permission are unable to preview or download attachments from the request approval page
- SD-89192 : In some cases, when a page script rule is created using $CS.hideUnansweredFields(["properties"]) property, the mandate additional fields are not visible in Close Request popup
- SD-89305 : "You are not authorized to view this page" error is thrown for approvers trying to approve a request before the approval action page loads completely.
- SD-89353 : Unable to close tickets when close link is generated in non-login scenarios
- SD-89410 : Error thrown when creating/editing request with attachment name containing more than 100 characters
- SD-89449 : If Asset field is hidden in a request template using Field And Form Rules, the Requester Name field is also hidden during requester login
- SD-89463 : The phrase top-1 is displayed along with the title while hovering over the lock and unlock icons of the solutions list in request details page
- SD-89613 : Collaboration chat notifications are not displayed by default under Request Conversations
- SD-89355 : notes:// protocol links are converted as null in Editor
- SD-49758 : Unable to set the service category icons if the service catalog module is not available for a particular license.
- SD-82284 : User import fails when the user has an undefined value in the mapped field in AD for a respective picklist field
- SD-89028 : Notification emails fail if the $RequesterMail variable is present at the start of the description or subject in the notification templates
- SD-89404 : Zia Notifications are not displayed in Admin and Support pages
- SD-89572 : Unable to merge users in non-ESM setups
- SD-88407 : Unable to set timezone during PGSQL setup upgrade when installing a 32 bit binary file in 64 bit OS
(Released on 04 September, 2020)
- SDF-36714 : You can now clear the date additional field's value in request templates.
- SD-89208 : DoS vulnerability
- SD-88175 : Error thrown while searching solutions from Popular Solutions widget in Home during requester login.
- SD-88214 : Unable to edit the report widgets from Dashboard.
- SD-89159 : When multiselect fields contain more than 500 options, the comma separated values can be selected multiple times.
- SD-88498 : On clicking Enter in the description field while adding or editing requests, the page scrolls to the bottom when the content is larger than the field. This occurs only in Firefox and Edge browsers.
- SD-88382 : In Chrome and Internet Explorer, the 'Mail to Requester' pop-up height is more than the screen height.
- SD-89313 : When a task exceeds the scheduled end and notifications are enabled, the task overdue flag is not set in some scenarios.
- SD-87992 : Expired solutions are not listed while viewing all solutions via API.
- SD-88028 : Font and text alignment discrepancies in 'Am I Compliant' pie chart under Asset >> Software Summary >> Software Dashboard.
- SD-89181 : After migrating to 11122 build or above, notifications configured in business rules are not triggered for requests created via emails.
- SD-89144 : Field And Form Rules fail to work in a template for Email ID to notify field during inline edit.
- SD-89062 : When a approver replies to a notification email with HTML content, ZIA is unable to predict the approval status.
- SD-88679 : Error thrown on clicking the notification showing the deleted technician-count after AD import.
- SD-87211 : If a survey with binary (yes/no) question is updated after publishing, the field values of 'Yes' and 'No' are interchanged.
- SD-85192 : During AD Authentication, user with login name containing diacritic characters are duplicated when login name is entered with normal characters.
- SD-89470 : Unable to add/update description for custom triggers.
- SD-88358, SD-88380 : Performance issue in Query Reports.
- SD-88027 : Queries are modified unnecessarily in Query Reports.
- SD-87571 : Language preference set to browser default language is not reflected in the Health meter if the browser default language is non-English.
- SD-89051 : 'File not found' error thrown during patch upgrade in 11110 build and above.
- SD-87647 : LDAP login fails if the password contains non-english/unicode/special characters.
- SD-48399 : New accounts are created when logging in using UserPrincipalName (userLogonName@domainName).
(Released on 25 August, 2020)
- SD-88328 : requestservlet API is no longer supported.
- SD-88800 : The default custom view for requests is now set to 'My Pending Requests' for requester login.
- SDF-82344 : ServiceDesk Plus now supports multiple MSSQL instances for SCCM integration.
- SDF-89025 : Ability to set duration after which the user will be logged out of an inactive session.
- Admin --> Security Settings --> Session timeout configuration
- SDF-88182 : Allocating the same OID for two different devices is now supported.
- SD-89052 : Error thrown while importing requests from XLS files when item field is mapped.
- SD-88442 : When requesters try to access New Issue form after Disable default request template option is disabled and enabled, an error is thrown.
- SD-88381 : Searching requests with a specific closure code is not supported via API.
- SD-88322 : When the status Open is renamed, all requests are created with Closed status during requester login.
- SD-88216 : Technicians who do not have Edit Closed Request permission are allowed to edit task details in task list view under Tasks tab in closed requests.
- SD-88215 : Technicians who do not have Edit Closed Request permission are unable to view task details page under Tasks tab in closed requests.
- SD-88097 : During global edit, when a technician edits a request with a template which is not within his scope, the template of the request changes.
- SD-87188 : Notifications triggered by request notification task flow are sent via default mail configuration, since the Instance ID is not reset when threads from one instance are reused in other instance.
- SD-88574 : Under Request Layout Customization >> Technician Layout, the Checklist tab is duplicated.
- SD-89402 : Unable to add attachments to resolution tab in Requests upon migrating from 11010 or older builds to 11124.
- SD-89048 : The Available tab under Assets >> Software >> Scanned Software >> Software details page >> Licenses keeps processing for downgraded software.
- SD-88703 : In Purchase Request approval notifications, the additional fields added as variables are not fetching the purchase request details.
- SD-82572 : In Contract Notifications, the contracted date and expiry date are displayed in incorrect format.
- SD-89377 : AD Authentication fails if Enable Domain During Login option is disabled in Security Settings.
- SD-89040 : Error thrown on clicking Show assigned only option while associating workstations to users.
- SD-88060 : During asset scan, non-pingable SNMP and Cisco IP phones are added as unknown devices if the asset scan fails.
- SD-87616 : Date filter criteria in custom reports is not based on user's time zone.
- SD-88562 : In reports, the date filter does not work properly for US timezones.
- SD-88405 :
- a.) None criteria fetches invalid results in request Custom Views and Advanced Search.
- b.) In Advanced Filters in reports, the None criteria change to Null criteria is not handled for existing reports.
- SD-88099 : If the details of a printer associated to workstation is edited, the changes are not reflected in Audit Report.
- SD-89019 : When more than two requests are merged and synced with Analytics Plus, duplicate requests are created in Analytics Plus.
(Released on 12 August, 2020)
- SD-87553 : When a technician whose login is disabled is re-imported via Active Directory, the login permissions will remain disabled.
- SDF-88581 : Option to configure recurring email notifications to users for N number of days before and after the expiry of an Asset, Loan and Warranty from the globalconfig table.
- SDF-87639 : The grand total cost of the items is displayed in Purchase Request details page.
- SDF-84541 : Glowroot is now bundled with the application.
- SDF-82161 : The newly added work log will be displayed on the top of the list if the sorting order is not defined.
- SD-89017 : Under the Resources section of service requests or templates, when View Details is clicked, the displayed pop-up is mispositioned on the screen.
- SD-88150 : When a user tries to reply/forward an email from the request conversation, the attachments added to the mail are not sent.
- SD-88115 : Unable to take remote control via Desktop Central from request details page to the associated assets.
- SD-88377 : While editing a request in the details page, the Field And Form Rules from a previously edited request are not overwritten.
- SD-88312 : Task Details fetched successfully popup alert displayed while opening a task is removed from the application.
- SD-88217 : During MPP file import, Project Import Failure error is thrown when sub-tasks belonging to 2 different tasks have a dependency or when tasks that contain sub-tasks have a dependency.
- SD-80230 : Unable to export projects Gantt View as PDF via Alias URL.
- SD-88614 : Unable to download attachments under Analysis and Solution tabs in Problems module.
- SD-88705 : Security error thrown when decimal values are added to the barcode label properties.
- SD-80143 : Assets having printers with same name but different server names get overridden.
- SD-88510 : Unable to create PO from PR if vendor services item names has more than 150 characters.
- SD-88461 : If a requester chosen as an approver of PR, the next level approval notification is not be sent.
- SD-87570 : The Close PO button under Actions menu in purchase details page is not translated to the browser default language.
- SD-87184 : Product Types are not listed alphabetically in the Purchase Order form.
- SD-88589 : Unable to add or edit Change Types in non-English language setups.
- SD-88501 : Request approval gets reinitiated even without updating the resource questions.
- SD-88462 : Non-English characters in sites configured in central server are displayed as ? in remote servers.
- SD-88162 : CI attributes are displayed under Service Category if CMDB is not available. The issue occurs if the user has access to the Admin module and not for the CMDB module.
- SD-88152 : An unclear error message is shown if the .pfx file used to install SSL certificate has unsupported password encryption.
- SD-87933 : When importing users along with their managers via LDAP import, the Reporting To field of the user details is not updated.
- SD-87380 : Changing a technician to a requester results in duplicate entries of the action in User History.
- SD-87844 : In some environments, Health Meter fails to load with a null pointer exception.
- SD-88516 : Masterkey password is not validated during MSSQL database configuration.
- SD-88375 : Performance issue.
- SD-88314 : In some scenarios, login via SAML fails for specific users in Chrome.
- SD-85912 : In MSSQL setups, the threshold notification email for log file size displays an incorrect value.
- SD-88915 : Restore fails with inappropriate exception in MSSQL database when duplicate entries are found in softwarelist/softwaremanufaturer table.
(Released on 05 August, 2020)
SDF-39481 :Cancel Request
- Option to move unnecessary requests to Cancelled status. SDAdmins can grant request cancel permission to users. Click here to know more.
- Using theme settings you can customize the application's default color and font. You can apply the theme settings for all users or allow each user to select their own color and font. Click here to know more.
Allowing requesters to view tasks in the request
- Option to enable requesters to view request tasks. Click here to know more.
Add Tasks only after Request Approval
- Option to restrict the addition of tasks only after request approval. Click here to know more.
Change Password Redirection
- Option to redirect users, who log in for the first time, to the change password page.
ESM Directory >> General Settings >> Security Settings >> Password Policy.
SDF-84497 : SMS Notification in Custom Trigger
- You can now trigger SMS notifications using Custom Triggers.
SDF-37155, SDF-43511, SDF-50557, SDF-62229, SDF-66199, SDF-70514, SDF-88567 : Rich Text Area Support For Task And Worklog Description
- The description fields in Tasks, Worklog and Task templates now support Rich Text mode. Users can format text, add images and hyperlinks.
SDF-29571 : Survey URL in Request Closure Notification
- Option to embed the survey URL in the request closure email notification.
SDF-65432 : Worklog Additional Fields Revamp
- The worklog additional fields are now dynamic. Users can determine maximum count of additional fields that can be created.
- A new type of field for decimal values called Decimal is introduced.
- The additional fields will be displayed in worklogs. Users can choose to view them as columns in worklog list view. Click here to know more.
SDF-84160 : Incident/Service Catalogs as Widgets
- Option to display Incident/Service catalog as widgets in the requester self-service portal.
Admin >> Self-Service Portal Settings >> Self Service Portal Customization.
SDF-33370, SDF-58517, SDF-61015 : Browser Title customization
- The default browser title can be customized to display the selected module name. For details page, you can also configure the browser title to display customized dynamic titles using variables such as request id, asset name etc. Click here to know more.
- Option to reorder all reports under a folder and also personalize the reordering by user.
- Option to search reports and report folders from the reports global search.
Clear text password transmission
- Encryption support added for user password on the application login page.
- Editor toolbar now has selectable font name and text direction.
- Image alignment and the Fit to width options are added to the Insert image pop-up. Links can be added to the inserted images as well.
Request Print & Approval Preview customization
- Under self service portal settings, configure sections that must be selected by default in the Request Print preview and Approval preview.
SSP Settings UI Revamp
- Self Service Portal Settings is split into four tabs for easier categorization and accessibility.
Request Approval UI Revamp
- Request Approval pop-up is revamped for ease of operation.
(Released on 28 July, 2020)
Framework Upgrade Information
- SD-88193 : Handlebars upgraded from v4.0.5 to v4.7.6
- SDF-88486 : Edit HTML button is added to email notification templates.
- SD-88475 : Error thrown while clicking the Site dropdown under Technician Filter in Resource Management
- SD-88161 : While replying to a request, if the status change comments are mandatory but not added after updating the status, the Send button gets disabled and stays the same even on adding the comments.
- SD-88141 : When a request is reopened several times, the time spent on the request and the resolved time is updated incorrectly.
- SD-88140 : When a request status is changed from Completed to Closed/Resolved/Custom Completed, the time spent on the request is recorded incorrectly.
- SD-87994 : The timespent values under Time Analysis tab are now stored in milliseconds instead of minutes.
- SD-87944 : When a request is reopened, the timespent period of group/technician is updated incorrectly in Time Analysis tab resulting in a miscalculated OLA due by time. The issue occurs when the group/technician is changed recently.
- SD-87906 : When a request is configured with SLAs having different Operational hours/holiday/weekend configurations, negative timespent is updated for grouch/technician under Time Analysis tab.
- SD-88631 : Unable to archive older requests after migrating to 11120.
- SD-88464 : Unable to create requests from Quick Create when Assign technician to request they created from closed chat is enabled.
- SD-88384 : Unable to create requests from email command when Assign technician to request they created from closed chat is enabled.
- SD-88275 : Mandatory field alert thrown when changing the request status to Resolved in the resolution tab even after all fields are filled in.
- SD-87525 : Scripts configured in Request Life Cycle does not get executed in transitions that happen automatically.
- SD-87568 : Language set as Browser Default is not reflected in the request details page.
- SD-87330 : SLA Response due by time is wrongly calculated in some scenarios.
- SD-83797 : Request "_total_count" API is not working as intended.
- SD-82643 : Multiple word search does not work in Column Search under Request Add >> Asset field pop-up.
- SD-87995 : While copy pasting the request title in the Reply window, huge gap occurs in between ID and title. The issue occurs only in firefox.
- SD-87847 : The 'New' and 'Search' button on the request detail page while associating a change or a project looks broken. It happens only if the application is set to the Chinese language.
- SD-88515 : Unable to add more than 250 characters in worklog description via API
- SD-88296 : In some cases, the Support Group filter is not updated in the Dashboard.
- SD-87869 : Unable to dissociate a task template from a request template if the task template is configured with Field and Form Rules.
- SD-88411 : Unable to raise issues in JIRA when Cascading Select and Multiple Select are enabled in JIRA
- SD-87054 : Unable to save request templates when more than 100 user/support groups are associated with it.
- SD-88759 : Microsoft Teams integration : When AD SSO is enabled in ServiceDesk Plus, the bot in Microsoft Teams does not work.
- SD-86732 : Job Scheduler throws an error in the presence of invalid jobs causing failed notification mails, custom triggers and push notifications.
- SD-88036 :In certain scenarios, the request custom triggers list view page displays an empty list.
- SD-87939 : Instance icons are not displayed in the instance list of the iOS app.
(Released on 08 July, 2020)
- SD-85818 : MDM Integration : To avoid factory reset devices from MDM getting detected as new devices in ServiceDesk Plus, the device's IMEI number will also be considered along with the UDID for replacements.
- SD-85916 : Loaned assets need to be returned or moved to the In Store status before getting transferred to other users by using CMDB API.
- SDF-60586 : Option to expand the message body section in Request Reply Template editor
- SD-77495 : Status change comment mandatory pop-up is not shown when a requester tries to close a resolved request without comments.
- SD-88401 : Unable to download the sample XLS file during request import via XLS
- SD-88367 : Adding closure code from Actions menu in the request details page throws an error
- SD-84446 : Hitting the back button from the request details page after searching a request using the global search does not redirect to the search results list view.
- SD-87956 : In the text editor across requests, quotation creates a line break that needs to be manually removed.
- SD-86821 : In Korean setup, the error message triggered upon request deletion is broken.
- SD-87311 : The organization logo is displayed in exported requests report when the requests are exported from the Requests tab, even if the logo is disabled under Organization Details.
- SD-87950 : In some cases, a mandate alert is thrown in the request global edit page even after the values are provided to the fields.
- SD-87920 : For domain user login, clicking on the remote desktop icon from the request details page is redirecting to the PMP login page instead of launching a direct RDP connection for asset.
- SD-88125 : In IE11, the priority field is not set based on priority matrix when the priority field is disabled using field and form rules.
- SD-86593 : Unable to add more than one inline image to the Change request description.
- SD-86955 : Technician is not notified when an asset is assigned, even if the Notify user when the asset is assigned to the user notification is enabled
- SD-86908 : During CSV import, the site details of the assets is not updated when the location field value is not given.
- SD-85764 : Unable to edit Site details of an asset when the asset state had been changed from In Use to In Repair.
- SD-87020 : The PO acknowledgement mail URL becomes invalid as the §ion parameter is converted to §ion in some browsers.
- SD-85398 : Unable to remove cost-type purchase additional fields in the admin module.
- SD-88179 : Unable to save contracts if values of additional fields contain more than 100 characters.
- SD-87799 : After importing the SSL certificate from Admin >> Import SSL Certificate page, the import summary is not getting loaded. The issue occurs if the SSL certificate does not have an alternate subject name
- SD-84791 : Users deleted in the Active Directory are not shown in the deleted users window in the AD import pop-up.
- SD-88016 : Page scripts configured for requests pending approval are not executed.
- SD-86700 : The audit status of assets imported into the central server from a distributed scan is set to success, even though the assets have no audit information.
- SD-88363 : Unable to save notification rules for requests in non-english setups.
- SD-88271 : Unable to hide unanswered fields in request details page using Page Scripts configured for requesters.
- SD-87806 :
a. Schedule Scan is not disabled when switching from Enterprise edition to Standard edition.
b. Exclude devices feature under Admin >> Windows Domain Scan >> Add/ Edit Domain is displayed for Standard edition.
- SD-85626 : Site24x7 Integration : An incorrect URL is passed when multiple monitors are configured in Site24x7.
- SD-85607 : In Postgres setup, the database connection is not closing automatically even after successful restoration from a backup file.
- SD-85381 : Bounced and automated emails are unnecessarily processed by Zia for approval predictions.
- SD-85085 : Unable to generate a saved report if both the custom report and query report are executed in parallel.
- SD-86964 : Error thrown while generating custom reports when the character count of filter criteria under advanced filters exceed 1000.
- SD-88446 : Desktop Central Integration : When deploying and uninstalling software from workstations in Tickets from the Custom Actions Menu, "Unknown error" alert is thrown.
- SD-88047 : LDAP user import stops after importing a user whose email address matches that of a non-login user in the ESM Directory.
- SD-85348 : No records get fetched when System Log Viewer is filtered based on Performed by attribute with the value "System."
(Released on 30 June, 2020)
Microsoft Teams Integration
- Set up the ServiceDesk Plus integration with Microsoft Teams to leverage the collaboration app from Microsoft as an additional channel for IT and enterprise support. Through this integration, you can view service desk tickets, pending approval, and chat with help desk technicians-all from within your Microsoft Teams accounts.
- Click here to know more.
User Bulk edit
- You can now edit details of multiple requesters or technicians simultaneously. Bulk operation support is also added for other actions like Change as Users, Change as Technicians, Assign to Department, etc. Click here to know more.
Deluge for ServiceDesk Plus
- Deluge, our in-house, high-level scripting language, is now bundled with ServiceDesk Plus. Deluge is easy to use and enables non-programmers to code with minimal learning. Using Deluge scripting, you can build Custom Functions that can manipulate data within ServiceDesk Plus and external applications. You can use Custom Functions in Business Rule, Trigger, and Request Life Cycle to automate workflows, customize business processes, and integrate ServiceDesk Plus with external applications.
- Click here to know more.
Scheduled Request Data Deletion
- Option to schedule request data deletion for both active and archived requests. Click here to know more.
Request Reports Enhancements
- New default request reports related to time spent on request /time elapsed analysis are added. New fields and criteria are added to existing reports and date filters (for custom reports only) respectively.
Checklist in Request Closing Rules
- You can now mandate the verification of checklists in request templates by accessing Request Closing Rules and selecting the Associated checklist should be verified option under mandatory fields for closing requests.
- Click here to know more.
Pending Mail Count View
- Option to show pending mail count in the configured incoming mail server.
AnalyticsPlus Quick Installation at ServiceDesk Plus
- Now you can easily integrate AnalyticsPlus with ServiceDesk Plus if you choose to install Analytics Plus in the same server as ServiceDesk Plus. Quick setup wizards will help you set up analytics plus in no time. Find quick setup wizards in the following sections:
Reports >> Advanced Analytics >> Download down arrow >> Try Quick Setup
Admin >> Advanced Analytics >> Setup Advanced Analytics >> Try Now
- SD-85946 : The order of items in Checklist is not retained in Request Details page.
- SD-88176 : Chat is not working when it is embedded as an external widget.
- SD-87943 : Able to create users without any role in ESM enabled setups.
(Released on 24 June, 2020)
- SD-86807 : Support for Asset Servlet API is discontinued from this version.
- SD-57705 : Cross Site Scripting vulnerability while adding attachments.
- SD-88145 : Unable to add or update announcements in non-English environments.
- SD-85468 : Task ID is not available in Tasks tab under Archived Requests' details page.
- SD-85636 : When a request created via email is duplicated, the description is replicated twice.
- SD-85644 : While duplicating a request, the text with bullets and numbering in the description are removed.
- SD-87324 : In Dashboards >> Task Summary, the tasks count includes the project tasks for instances without project license.
- SD-85287 : Only the technicians under the not associated to any site are populated for selection in the Change Owner field of a change template. The issue occurs if the Group field is removed from the template.
- SD-84959: Invalid URL error is thrown while downloading attachments in ServiceDesk Plus mobile app.
- SD-85880 : Hashtag removal from change ID in change notification templates does not reflect in the notifications.
- SD-87246 : In Tasks, Scheduled End is not auto-calculated when Scheduled Start is updated from empty to some value.
- SD-87415 : "Actual End Time" is auto-filled for tasks despite being mandated using task closing rules.
- SD-85632 : SMS notification mails are not sent if only the EWS mail server is configured for outgoing.
- SD-87628 : Non-english survey questions of radio button type are not sorted properly.
- SD-84811 : Failure in Approval Prediction via ZIA due to an error in processing email signatures.
- SD-87717 : Unable to configure task dependencies in service catalog when one of the task templates is deleted.
- SD-88065 : "Request will not be considered..." error is thrown while creating or updating a PM task using a service template which has a service SLA associated to it.
- SD-87058 : Unable to make copies of existing reports using the Save report as option.
- SD-85510 : Unable to generate custom reports when the value of criteria is selected as 'None' in Advanced Filtering.
- SD-85902 : Upgrade to 11105 build or above fails in Windows due to the presence of colons (:) in attachment filenames.
- SD-85903 : Unable to take backup in Windows when a file contains a period(.) at the end of its filename.
(Released on 18 June, 2020)
- SD-85858 : The number of associated assets displayed by My Assets widget in the self-service portal has been increased to 100.
- SD-87665 : Option to allow non-login users to view solutions will now be disabled by default for fresh installations. The SDAdmin can later configure it under Admin >> Self-Service Portal settings.
- SD-89683 : If any custom widget is configured with the "/SolutionsHome.do" URL, then the operation param "/SolutionsHome.do??action=view" must be included in the URL or else an error message mentioning "you are not authorized" will be thrown.
- SDF-55748 : Option to disable the SLA time stamp banner for requesters in service requests.
- SDF-62184 : Option to show/hide section based fields in the request form using field and form rules.
- SDF-69545 : Option to execute FAFR actions at the section level of the request form.
- SDF-82816 : Option to enable/disable asset(s) field in request form using field and form rules.
- SD-88033 : Non-English characters in the widgets in the requester home page are garbled.
- SD-87804 : Unable to customize the technician's home page by reordering widgets.
- SD-87576 : In Home >> All Tasks, clicking the task subject after the page is auto-refreshed throws an inappropriate error.
- SD-88064 : Unable to add Jira issues from requests using the custom menu.
- SD-88056 : Unable to copy images to the Description field.
- SD-87859, SD-88111 : Unable to add approval stages to already approved service requests.
- SD-87682 : Non-admin technicians couldn't view a request's site from the request details page.
- SD-87443 : After migrating from 10514 to 11112, the task button on the top bar of request list view page is not displayed for technicians not assigned with SDAdmin role.
- SD-87418 : In some scenarios, unable to update the Asset field in a request using sectional edit/inline edit.
- SD-87013 : Unable to add/edit forms when the number of sites configured in the application exceeds 100.
- SD-87565 : On configuring a Field And Form Rule to execute script using $CS.removeAllOptions("GROUP"), accessing the technician pop up in the associated request hides the Group field.
- SD-86949 : User is unable to perform Field and Form Rules involving Due by Date field if they don't have edit permission for the same field.
- SD-86359 : In Outlook client, emails are getting deleted when they are dragged into the attachment section of the request details page.
- SD-85857 : In Chrome browser, Currently Viewing (invoked by collaborators icon) information under request details page is not dynamically updated when technicians status changes from viewing to not viewing.
- SD-85835 : In some cases, selected formatting options are not applied to reply messages under the request details page.
- SD-86962 : Incorrect calculation of Response Dueby Time when a request is closed without a response.
- SD-87679 : Users without login credentails are able to access problem notes.
- SD-85390 : In change list view, the task status bar is not tracking closed/completed tasks properly.
- SD-85633 : In Windows workstations, scan data generated by the standalone audit is not posted to the server despite returning a success message.
- SD-88117 : Unable to add workstations by scanning barcodes if the "Barcode as ServiceTag" option is enabled.
- SD-84768 : Issue displaying all users in the requester combo-box when a purchase request is created/edited by a user with SDAmin role.
- SD-88103 : An error occurs while saving a request status with description length more than 100 characters.
- SD-87507 : Deleting an organization role from the application removes the service request approvals assigned to that role.
- SD-87321 : When customizing the self-service portal, unable to save draft after removing a custom widget.
- SD-87166 : Breakage in Field And Form Rules configured for two radio/checkbox fields with similar field names.
- SD-85771 : Customizing service catalog by reordering service categories and associated templates fails for admin users without permission to create requests from templates.
- SD-85627 : Help text message overlaps with multi-select drop-down options when the multi-select field is configured with long help text message on the right-hand side of an incident template.
- SD-85060 : Unnecessary options are displayed when updating the subject field in incident/request templates if the language is set to Portuguese or other non-English languages.
- SD-88022 : Unable to add attachments that have round brackets "()" in their filename.
(Released on 10 June, 2020)
- Options to search and sort requests are now available under Actions>> View Requests by Requester.
- SD-87209 : Global search for solutions render results only for the topic selected in the left pane of solution list view page.
- SD-86637 :Privilege escalation vulnerability in admin module reported by Abdulrahman Nour
- SD-87876 : Self Service Portal search widget is not loading in non-default instances due to a security constraint
- SD-85662 : The Link and Module columns under Show All Tasks in home page disappear after the page gets auto refreshed.
- SD-87289 : Unable to update request fields through Business Rule and Request Life Cycle scripts that use return JSON.
- SD-87214 : Using requests/group API, unable to fetch the allowed values of groups for a site configured with 'Refer Settings' for Support Groups.
- SD-86954 : In some cases, the inline images in the resolution/description section are broken when sent via email.
- SD-86116 : When moving a request from one instance to another, the operation fails if Email Ids To Notify field is disabled in the target instance.
- SD-85214 : Business rules configured with recipient fields such as 'CC' are not executed.
- SD-84712 : During request bulk edit if we update a custom site without support group, then the request site gets moved to "Not associated to any site".
- SD-78484 : Worklog timer calculates time incorrectly when 'Include non operational hours' is enabled
- SD-87188 : Notifications triggered by request notification task flow are sent via default mail configuration, since the Instance ID is not appended in the conversation thread.
- SD-86967, SD-86950 : Unable to send recommendation emails for change requests when subject exceeds 100 characters.
- SD-86832 : Error thrown while adding assets to a change if the character count in the Assets field exceeds 100.
- SD-85974 : Unable to save a change request while editing if we delete the attachments.
- SD-85860 : Unable to send notification by invoking Actions>>Send Notification in change details page when the subject line contains more than 72 characters.
- SD-87706 : While exporting the Gantt View and Task Dependencies in projects, the exporting PDF pop-up stays on the screen even after successful export.
- SD-87801 : An error message is thrown while scanning a machine from the Actions tab under Assets in a Spanish language setup.
- SD-87858 : Unable to add/update a Purchase Order if the order ID has a string value in it
- SD-87993 : Unable to save contracts in non-English setup as regex value for addContract and updateContract parameter failed.
- SD-87593 : While selecting Groups in an Operational Level Agreement (OLA), only the first 100 Groups in the system are listed.
- SD-87934 : The user API key is not getting saved if the key is generated from the user form.
- SD-85301 : The Edit Project Role, Project Type, and Task Type screens do not open if a multi-line project description is given by pressing enter.
- SD-87067 : Upgrade fails as the file ZohoReportAPIClient.jar is not accessible.
(Released on 29 May, 2020)
- SD-87014 : IE 11 support is deprecated with this release.
Framework Upgrade Information
- Postgres upgraded from version 10.5 to version 10.12
- SD-85770 : Clickjacking vulnerability found in web customization pages.
- SD-87724 : While creating a request if a request field's multi-select value with more than 100 characters is selected, an error is thrown.
- SD-87702 : Error occurs while duplicating a request in Non-English language setups.
- SD-87657 : Unable to update a request after deleting more than one attachment through the global edit.
- SD-87421, SD-87873 : Broken image is shown for custom images in service categories for requester login.
- SD-87235 : Duplicate users are created in Desktop Central while enabling MDM/ DC permission for technicians. The issue occurs if the technicians are domain users.
(Released on 19 May, 2020)
- Custom Settings button in scheduled reports will be displayed only for users with SDAdmin access.
- Going forward Purchase Request / License Agreement additional fields can only be added from the Admin tab and not from Purchase Request/License Agreement.
- SDF-87329, SDF-86613 : Option to edit task templates from under the request template's Workflow tab.
- SD-87233 : An error is thrown while submitting a service request from requester login. The issue occurs if the request template used to create the request has an editor field and the requester can set the editor field value.
- SD-87090 : Unable to change the review date/expiry date of a solution to any other month after the first click.
- SD-66823 : BREACH attack vulnerability.
- SD-87472 : An error occurs while adding a new support group.
- SD-87303 : CVE-2020-14048 : Unauthenticated users are able to change the installation status of deployed agents reported by "Luis Alfredo Nunez Rincon"
(Released on 08 May, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-87281: An authentication error is thrown while configuring OAuth and signing in using the authentication pop-up window.
(Released on 05 May, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-72752 : HTTP to HTTPS redirection is not done for a particular URL in the application login page.
- SD-84874 : Clipboard Data Stealing Attack vulnerability.
- SD-85331 : Path-based vulnerability found in web customization pages.
- SD-85900 : Path-relative stylesheet import vulnerability found in few pages.
- SD-85354 : Auto suggest solutions will now list solutions based on the technician personalization (entire content/title/description/keywords) on solution list view.
- SD-85647 : When we Close/Complete a change as per Workflow, a NullPointerException error message is thrown.
(Released on 23 April, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-82883, SD-84437 : Hidden directory detected vulnerability.
- SD-86635 : Stored XSS vulnerability in Asset Contracts.
- SD-87302 : CVE-2020-13154 : Users with low or limited privileges are able to view the file protection password.
- SD-38075 : Improved usability while adding reminders. Under the Notify before scheduled start field, the default option will be 15 minutes instead of Never.
- SD-86755 : In Internet Explorer, the Request Catalog page is displayed blank.
- SD-85646 : Breakage in the approval action configured for workflow of incident templates.
- SD-85106 : Improper translation for Next Transition in the request details page in vietnamese language.
- SD-85515 : Two service requests created at the same time with the same approver have the same approval key generated.
- SD-85654 : The Service Level Agreement of a service request is not reset on changing the template.
- SD-77764 : Performance improvements.
- SD-85253 : The solution suggestion window does not pop up when a request form is saved.
- SD-84465 : In the request add page's user drop-down, searching for users with the wildcard character asterisk(*) does not fetch matching results.
- SD-85891 : Unable to send a change for recommendation to multiple users, if the length of 'To' field is more than 100 characters.
- SD-83179 : Solution article is broken if accessed from the request resolution.
- SD-84120 : Performance enhancements in Assets module.
- SD-85210 : Unable to change the product type from non-consumable to consumable while editing the product details.
- SD-84442 : During Asset Scan, the Cisco IP Phone asset attribute is not updated with the scanned value.
- SD-84868 : In Assets module, the i18n keys for the string Warranty Expiry Date have different values in 'Add Asset Form Page' and 'Asset Details Page' when the language is set to Chinese.
- SD-84906 : During bulk import of workstations and servers from CSV files, the Asset State gets reset to In Store.
- SD-85814 : Unable to fetch Manufacturer Serial number for Cisco switches.
- SD-85507 : Technicians with full asset module permission and EnableCMDB role cannot view the Add Relationship button or the List view for users CI type under CMDB > Users.
- SD-84231 : Performance improvements.
- SD-84220 : Performance issues while loading the list of users in user popup.
- SD-85630 : The value for security response headers under Security Settings is limited to 100 characters.
- SD-85267 : In Credential Library, the private key is not encrypted for Telnet/SSH credential type.
- SD-84802 : Unable to edit/save draft in Request Life Cycle after it is published if the page is refreshed subsequently.
- SD-85679 : Under Admin >> Integrations >> Desktop Central, the link to help documentation redirects to incorrect URL.
- SD-85550 : The criteria for request custom triggers does not list the Service Category in Standard Edition.
- SD-85442 : Query update for creating new requests when a user replies to an already sent email does not work.
- SD-85225 : Site values are listed instead of vendor values while choosing the vendor field in advance filter under purchase module in custom report.
- SD-85543 : Space issue in table alias name while generating query for Analytics Integration.
- SD-85481 : When we run a summary report or matrix report from the "Reports" module and then try to invoke an API call to fetch the asset details and mention a multi-value field like "IP Address" under the <returnFields> tab, it throws an SQL syntax error.
- SD-85649 : Error thrown while adding multiple email addresses in scheduled reports.
- SD-86133 : Unable to generate custom/query reports while using the application in Internet Explorer.
- SD-85243 : Unable to add new requesters via Request V3 API.
(Released on 16 April, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-86636 : SQL injection vulnerability detected in unused source.
(Released on 02 April, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- SD-84742 : Users with HelpdeskConfig permission can now update/delete reply templates.
Unified Activities for Request & Tasks
Technicians can now view requests in Classic View or choose to view both requests and tasks in Combined View, depending on their convenience. Click here to learn more about the classic view and click here to learn more about the combined view.
Move Requests Across Instances
Option to move a request raised in a wrong instance to a correct instance. Click here to learn more.
Form Color Customization
You can customize the font including its size and color, background color, and field orientation of incident and service templates. Click here to learn more.
Proxy Configuration for Mail Fetching
Proxy can be configured for Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers.
Reply Template Enhancements
- Option to show inactive templates in the reply template list view.
- Option to edit the reply message using HTML editor in reply templates.
- SDF-84657 : Option to restrict technicians from creating their own reply templates.
- SDF-83300 : Support for attachment preview in Live Chat.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-84667 : Broken Access Control vulnerability while closing work orders.
- SD-85254 : Approval action notifications incorrectly displays Guest as the sender of the notification instead of System.
- SD-85242 : While adding a service request, if two columns are present with multiple fields in the resource section, the tab button is not working properly
- SD-85392 : The Link Request Action window can be accessed from the Request Details page by pressing lowercase L.
- SD-85497 : The Print Preview of requests will limit the displayed conversations to 10. Further conversations can be viewed by clicking Load more conversations.
- SD-84822 : Unable to mandate attachments when updating a request using field and form rules.
(Released on 26 March, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-85634 : Unable to create a request in requester login when the application runs in Internet Explorer.
- SD-85628 : Migration to 11108 fails in certain scenarios.
(Released on 20 March, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- During AD import, UTC coded time fields mapped to single/multi-line user additional fields previously imported as date format will now be imported as an equivalent long value.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-85247 : Unable to add Service Categories as a widget in self-service portal.
- SD-85080 : The contents of Home Page and Dashboard are misaligned on initial page load.
- SD-84361 : Formatting issue occurs when content from a Excel sheet is copied and pasted in a request's description field. The issue occurs only after submitting the request.
- SD-85061 : In field and form rules, the function $CS.getValue("REQUESTER") does not return the requester name when On-Behalf-of field is enabled.
- SD-84796 : In request details page and print preview, multi-line fields are displayed in a single line.
- SD-85194 : When a request contains multiple conversations, any user expanded conversation collapses automatically if a request property is updated.
- SD-84795 : Resizing reply or forward window does not resize the corresponding message editor.
- SD-85391 : Under request actions, unnecessary scrolling in the pop-up window to Link Requests.
- SD-85248 : When an SNMP device with an unknown model is scanned, no warning is shown.
- SD-85096 : Assets with the Requires Scan option disabled under the asset state are getting scanned when brought in through the delta scan.
- SD-84793 : In some scenarios MAC addresses of SNMP devices are getting populated with empty values during an SNMP scan.
- SD-84714 : When we try to print barcodes ( 7 - 8 characters) that have been generated, the barcodes do not get printed within the label in some cases.
- SD-85311 : Unable to obtain IP address field values through CMDB API in ESM setup.
- SD-85050 : Unable to embed templates in purchase email notifications.
- SD-84881 : Mail fetching stops when a new user raises a request through email.
- SD-85302 : In some cases, unable to edit User in ESM portal if an Active Directory field containing multi-line data is mapped to a field in ServiceDesk Plus during the User import.
- SD-85264 : Unable to add more than 10 items in User Additional Fields of pick-list type.
- SD-85059 : Unable to delete Department after migrating to 11000.
- SD-85215 : Updating a Preventive Maintenance Task resets the associated assets.
- SD-84374 : After migrating to version 11.0, unable to import Active Directory attributes of type UTC coded time mapped to additional date/time fields.
- SD-84629 : Unable to update Survey configuration when the number of users exceed 500.
- SD-85401 : Unable to save a support group if its name is used in an other site.
- SD-84321 : Query report fails when column alias name contains a space.
- SD-84377 : In reports, numeric fields erroneously display '0' instead of 'null' for undefined values.
- SD-84364 : In report charts, boolean fields contain the database column name instead of the display name.
- SD-84468 : Inappropriate results are shown for query reports that contain terms like Requester and Technician.
- SD-84385 : The Longtodate function in a query does not work if the query contains another function with more than one argument.
- SD-85266 : Error thrown when CMDB API variable is executed immediately after generating a chart type custom report.
- SD-85563 : Upgrade failure occurs due to orphan entries in database.
- SD-85466 : Logging in via SSO throws a security error due to the redundant SkipNV2Filter request parameters.
(Released on 18 March, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- Agent Uninstall and Agent Remote Control functionalities have been removed from the application.
Task templates in incident/service/project templates can only be mapped and not edited anymore.
Task templates are now grouped under Modules: General/Requests/Projects. A general task template can be associated with all modules. A request/ project task template can be associated only with their respective modules.
When a task template associated with a request/project template is marked inactive, then the association will be removed as well.
After migration, similar task titles without any field value differences will be grouped together. If there are any field value differences then the templates with varying field values will be considered as separate entities and the associated template name will be the task title appended with numbers at the end [E.g, Update Software, Update Software 1].
1) Operational-level Agreement
Configure Operational Level Agreement to ensure that the SLA is achieved by the internal groups working on the request. Operational Level Agreement related widgets are also included in Dashboards.
To know more, click here
2) User Addition from instance based on ESM directory application settings
Under ESM Directory >> General Settings >> Application Settings, you can enable the manual user addition for specific instances. This option will create a new permission in user roles, using which technicians can manually add users to their instances.
To know more, click here
3) Group Chat and few more Enhancements
Technicians can now chat in groups among themselves. Also, request collaborators can start a group chat from the request details page.
To know more, click here
4) Request Properties in Task
While mapping task templates to request templates, you can associate request properties to tasks so that technicians working on tasks can view the request properties.
To learn more, click here and here
5) Check List
Checklists allow you to configure and add little tasks or to do things in request templates for technicians to follow before closing/completing a request.
To know more, click here
6) Custom View For Change List View
Create and manage custom views for change requests.
To know more, click here
7) Add Notes while assigning a technician
Add additional information via notes when assigning a request to a site, group or technician.
To learn more, click here
8) Fine Grained Access such as Adding Approval and Deleting Approval
Allocate fine-grained permissions, such as Adding Approval and Deleting Approval, to technicians
9) Request Auto Approval
Auto-approve requests if already approved by the same approver at a previous stage or if the requester is also the approver.
To know more, click here
10) Integrate with Site24x7
Integrate ServiceDesk Plus with ManageEngine Site 24x7 to firefight incidents and monitor critical application servers from a single console.
To know more, click here
11) Integration with Desktop Central in the Standard Edition
Integration with Desktop Central will now be available in the Standard Edition, as well.
12) Html for Requester Notification
Requester notification templates will now show HTML renderings of the template. Currently it is available only in fresh builds.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-84773 : Attachments added to a conversation via email are not getting added.
- SD-82988 : Remote code execution vulnerability in windows agent scan (CVE-2020-8838) reported by Sahil Dhar (xen1thlabs).
(Released on 10 March, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- Windows agent upgrade option has been removed.
- SDF-85104 : You can now configure Always On Availability Group (AOAG) from the User Interface.
- SDF-37014 : Option to add images in the notes section of a request.
- SDF-77957, SDF-84163 : You can now configure the mail server with Modern Authentication (OAuth 2.0) for secure and delegated access.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-84460 : Internal file path disclosure vulnerability in attachments.
- SDP-85258 : Directory Traversal vulnerability in web remote.
- SD-84121 : Performance improved while loading Scheduler under the Home page.
- SD-85100: Clicking on the total number of requests in the Unassigned row under the Helpdesk tab in Dashboards does not list the unassigned requests.
- SD-85087 : Field and Form Rules fail to work in FireFox and Internet Explorer when a page script rule is configured
- SD-84803 : UI issue when displaying task owner drop-down menu in Task List View under Requests module.
- SD-84854 : Alignment issues in 'Print Preview' under Requests module when Status and Priority fields contain lengthy values.
- SD-81793 : In some cases, the conversation and notes sections are not displayed in the request details page.
- SD-83143 : Issue while creating a Request Custom filter with the Created Time as previous Month.
- SD-84673 : History tables of request and request life cycle operations and error logs are updated without using 'suspend' and 'resume' transactions.
- SD-84856 : When an RLC-associated, SLA-violated request is moved from On Hold to Open upon the requester's reply, the request's due time will not change.
- SD-84595 : While associating incidents to a problem, the category based filter displays all incidents irrespective of their categories for the first time.
- SD-60829 : Limited change status comments to 3500 characters.
- SD-84447 : The Edit HTML text field in HTML editors is no longer resizable.
- SD-84448 : Content within the <blockquote> tag is not formatted in HTML editors across the application.
- SD-84554 : After adding a new solution, the data is resubmitted with every browser reload. Hence the solution gets duplicated.
- SD-84731 : Incorrect entry in Type field of system log viewer when performing global search for Solutions.
- SD-82501 : If the Part number is not chosen in a purchase order then it is displayed as undefined in view page.
- SD-84745 : AD Import gets failed if the user is created through request mail fetching.
- SD-82997 : Under Admin >> General Settings >> Performance Settings, configure email notifications to be sent to the organization admin when the application hits a prespecified disk usage. In an ESM setup, head to ESM Directory >> General Settings >> Performance Settings to configure the same.
- SD-84968, SD-85240 : UI issue in 'Change SLA Page' under Admin module, where certain fields in Escalations section appear out of place.
- SD-81296 : Incomplete translation and reduced functionality of Auto Suggest dialog box when customizing email notification template in Japanese environment. Admin>>Notification Rules>>E-mail requester when a request is appended by reply.
- SD-84637 : Removed a column called 'Old Status' from custom reports of the Changes module.
- SD-84849 : In non-english setups, running a custom time spent report throws an error.
- SD-85025 : Custom Report fails when choosing Date field in Advanced Filters.
- SD-85196 : In Reports module, the text None is wrongly translated in Japanese language.
- SD-84869 : When we try to update the network details of IT assets other than workstations and servers using the doctool API, the network details do not get updated even though a success message is displayed.
- SD-83895 : Update CI operation cannot be performed.
- SD-84698, SD-84700, SD-83404, SD-82357, SD-83400 : Performance improvements
- SD-84943 : While performing Global search, the Request submodule automatically switches Default search to Request ID
- SD-84961 : Unable to view the whole list in Zoho Creator App drop-down menu
- SD-84676 : Removed the transactional property from the FlushRecentItems scheduler.
(Released on 25 February, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- SD-84063 : Mails fetched by EWS will be permanently deleted.
- SD-84050 : Option to configure and append .msg/..eml type attachments in description by modifying the globalconfig table in the database which will have three values : processboth, processcontentalone, and processattachmentalone.
- SD-84711 : Scale of decimal fields for resource questions and cost fields in service templates and request additional fields are now configurable by modifying the 'Decimal_Additional_Field' category in the GlobalConfig table from 2 to 6.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-84092: Searching for a solution under a particular topic and then returning to the Resolution tab of a request displays only the solutions related to the particular topic searched earlier.
- SD-84683: The On-Behalf-Of field in requests is not updated with the right user if the user has a duplicate display name.
- SD-84599: Request replies will be sent for review only once.
- SD-84542, SD-85032 : In some cases, reply/forward templates are not available in request details page.
- SD-84725: Reason for updating request is not captured in the request history when an attachment is added or deleted.
- SD-84760: Unable to create service or incident request having additional fields with pick-list items ending with a backslash.
- SD-84722: Performance improved in loading Archived requests in the request list view page.
- SD-84213: Unable to create a purchase order with non-English characters in Requested By and Owner fields.
- SD-85213: After the the latest update, Desktop Central and MDM Links are not displayed at the left side panel under Admin module. The issue occurs only in Professional edition.
- SD-84118: A support group's configuration is lost if any exception occurs while saving the support group with the same name as that of an already existing group.
- SD-84903: Users cannot log in using SAML after migrating to version 11102 and above.
- SD-84659: Restore failure on GlobalPersonalize table in MSSQL.
- SD-84327: Unable to take backup of files attached in emails (processed as requests) if the file name has (:) character in it. The issue only occurs in the windows environment.
- SD-84181: Performance improvements.
(Released on 14 February, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-79133 : Search functionalities like spot search and column chooser are missing under Advanced Search in Request List View.
- SD-84618 : In some scenarios, the user info listed under currently viewing section in the request details page is not getting removed even after the user moves out of the request.
- SD-84893 : Applying specific HTML styles to the description of email requests are reflected in the request details page.
- SD-84585 : Search results of global search for requests based on notes, resolution, etc. also includes default search results.
- SD-84215 : Current book value is not getting updated accordingly in asset financials after the depreciation period ends.
- SD-84400 & SD-84402 : Asset loan information is not changed/modified on editing a loaned asset.
- SD-84159 & SD-83749 : Users without login are unable to download attachments from the PO approval page.
- SD-70009 : Unable to remove attachments in UI when the original attachment files are deleted in Contracts.
- SD-84787 : Unable to save Request Life Cycle (RLC) when undefined users are selected for email notifications in a transition rule.
- SD-84326 : Applying priority matrix when creating a request template throws an inappropriate alert.
(Released on 07 February, 2020)
Issues Fixed :
- SD-84723 : Unable to access show all tasks page when the request is appended with the parameter SkipNV2Filter=true.
(Released on 06 February, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- SD-84260 : Zia : ##AP## string in the subject of the notification mails is removed.
- SDF-83455 : In user drop-down fields, the default behavior to list results containing the keyword can now be modified from the globalconfig table to list the results starting with the keyword [Criteria=contains or start_with]
Issues Fixed :
- SD-84331 : CSRF vulnerability in login form.
- SD-84444 : CSV and XLS formula injection vulnerability in reports.
- SD-84419 : Custom trigger does not work on service requests that have SLA enabled on them.
- SD-84388 : Pending approvals of closed requests are moved to the backup approver queue.
- SD-68312 : Same file name is not maintained while downloading a resolution attachment if the file name consists of special characters. The issue persists till the page is refreshed.
- SD-84434 : IE Edge-specific issue : Unable to close requests after entering a resolution and changing the status from the right pane if the request closure rule is enabled.
- SD-84794 : Inline images added to request mails are getting removed from the description.
- SD-75069 : While adding or editing Projects, auto-suggestion is not working in the Requested By field from requester login.
- SD-83893 : When a task is scheduled for the first time, a 'task rescheduled' notification is triggered.
- SD-83857 : When global edit is performed on a task, the navigational arrows disappear.
- SD-84191 : When a valid email address starts with special character, it is considered invalid at the security level check due to the regex given for EWS email address in security-generalaccess.xml.
- SD-84614 & SD-84601 : Unable to perform Save, Save and Add New or Cancel operations while adding or editing task templates in non-english setup.
- SD-83416 : For a technician with edit report permissions, edit icon is missing in the first page of a report.
- SD-84178 : Performance enhancements in Reports module.
- SD-69373 : Data in reports will now be shown based on the user time zone instead of the server time zone.
Mobile App :
- SD-83316 : The ServiceDesk Plus mobile app only lists the solutions based on the topic that is currently chosen in the desktop version of the application despite choosing All Solutions filter.
(Released on 30 January, 2020)
- SDF-84026 : In portals other than IT Helpdesk, the keyword Non-IT Assets is replaced with Assets.
- SDF-84019 : Custom Reports will now include Technician assigned time as a column.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-83127 : CSRF vulnerabilities in all list views.
- SD-83128 : CSRF authentication is not enabled for the URL /AdminHome.do
- SD-83771 : When customizing the theme for requester home page, the selected theme retains the edit icon.
- SD-84313 : When an external widget is added via a URL with multiple parameters, the page is not getting loaded.
- SD-84367 : Requesters are unable to view conversations in archived requests.
- SD-84320 : Multiple notification emails are sent to users as the Send button is not disabled after the request is forwarded.
- SD-84189 : When user tries to create a request with a requester email which has apostrophe in it, then the requester details like department, mobile number are not populated.
- SD-84187 : Editor's Asset is replaced if requester does not have any assets when editor tries to edit the request.
- SD-84059 : After automated close, requests with logged-in technician's history has wrong "IsRead" value when compared to the requests with other technician's name.
- SD-83833 : Unable to attach more than 10 files to a request resolution at the same time.
- SD-83802 : When changing the request status using global edit, the status change comment box pops up without displaying the cursor and hence, typing results in overlap of the status drop-down list.
- SD-83711 : When HTML specific $variables are used, the HTML tags are not removed from the subject field of System Notifications.
- SD-83396 : Unable to update the status using global edit when the resolution field is mandatory in RLC transition.
- SD-83219 : Unable to open associated archived requests in Projects under MSSQL setup.
- SD-83201 : Inconsistency in format of notifications when the rich text is changed as plain text under Notification rules.
- SD-83166 : Unable to close popup using close button in email notifications.
- SD-82949 : Unnecessary wrapping of table content in email conversations for Requests and Changes if the width is too long.
- SD-79193 : Hyperlink to meeting invitation is changed as plain text in the request description panel
- SD-83050 : Bulleted list in rich text fields of Change and Problem are displayed as numbered lists in record history.
- SD-82768 : CAB member is able to reject a change that has passed through the approval stage.
- SD-84205 : The New Change button is displayed in English in non-english setups.
- SD-83256 : When two action take place in a change at the same time, only one action is captured in the change history.
- SD-83406 : Unable to reset the date field in a Change using Field and Form Rules.
- SD-83918 : Incorrect translation of the word Left in terms of context in Spanish language.
- SD-61640 : The values in the Projected On column in Project list view is wrongly translated in Italian language.
- SD-83235 : Unable to push distributed server data into central server if the AD authentication credentials of users are given for central server settings.
- SD-42636 : Unable to read non-english characters while running SCCM scan.
- SD-84214 : Unable to add a new vendor while importing assets via csv, even if the technician has permissions to add vendor.
- SD-84223 : Unable to change the Cost center in purchase requests when we have the same cc ID and owner ID.
- SD-83309 : Error occurs when creating a purchase order with an existing order number.
- SD-83945 : Unable to edit a product containing & symbol in its name.
- SD-83775 : In Admin >> Notification Rules, unable to customize the template for Notify Requester when SLA is changed for a service request and Notify Technician when SLA is changed for a service request.
- SD-81366 : Technicians are not notified via SMS when a request is assigned to them, even if the option Alert technician by SMS when a request is assigned is enabled under Admin >> Notification Rules.
- SD-84622 : Connection established with a mailbox via POP/IMAP protocol is not properly closed, resulting in intermittent mail fetching.
- SD-83725 : Reports exported into PDF files contain missing Vietnamese characters, even when the application language is set to Vietnamese.
- SD-83182, SD-83865 : When generating reports, a line break is added after every line in the textarea.
- SD-75439 : In some cases, Database sql queries.xml file is corrupted.
- SD-83192 : While performing user global search, an error is thrown if the search URL size exceeds 8kb.
(Released on 20 January, 2020)
Behavior Changes :
- API V2 Removal : Rest API V2 will no longer be supported.
Framework Upgrade Information
- JRE Update : JRE updated from Oracle jre 1.8.152 to Zulu openjre 1.8.222 [This is a free version].
- Add images to all available resources in the Service Template. To learn more, click here.
- Under the Resource Management tab, you can now easily manage your resources; their availability, load and utilization, and task assignment. To learn more, click here.
- Add tags such as engineering, development, printer, router, network issues, and the like to requests. Using tags, you can search requests in the global search and also draw up a list of similar requests, including service and incident requests. To learn more, click here.
- Page Scripts allow you to customize the application page-wise as per your requirement. You can modify the UI elements as well as the functionalities of a page in the application using custom scripts for end users. To learn more, click here.
- Admins can configure private and public reply templates. Also, technicians with view permission for requests can configure private reply templates under Quick Actions >> Manage Reply Templates. To learn more, click here.
My Assets Widget
- List all the assets associated with a user under My Assets widget in the requester self-service portal and allow the user to raise an issue related to those assets from there. To learn more, click here.
Local Authentication Password Policy Configuration
- Configure and enforce a password policy for all users to ensure better security of the user data.
ServiceDeskPlus Application Cookies
- Add Password Manager Pro and OpManager menus to the application's menu bar to enable technicians to easily access the integrated apps. You can enable the menus inside the corresponding integration page under Admin.
Issues Fixed :
- SD-78163 : CSRF vulnerability in some request life cycle operations.
- SD-83952 : The value attributes for checkbox fields in resource questions under requests are not encoded.
- SD-77808 : Resource question options are not sorted while editing service requests via the inline edit option
- SD-81253 : Unable to view next page of CIs from relationship list view of an asset instead a error 500 is thrown on clicking the next button.