Any action that has to invoked on periodic basis can be set using Custom Schedule in SupportCenter Plus. For example, any updates on the JIRA issue related to SCP (SupportCenter Plus) request can be updated periodically in SCP using Custom Schedule option. This custom schedule can be set to call either a class or a script.
The Implementation class you are calling should extend the DefaultActionInterface and provide the implementation through the execute method. A sample Java Implementation class is show below.
public class SampleActionImplementation extends DefaultActionInterface
public JSONObject execute(ExecutorData executorData) throws Exception
//The parameter ExecutorData will not contain any data.
//You can have your implementation here
//Return type should be null
NOTE: No input data would be provided for Custom Schedule and no output will be expected.
To access Custom Schedule Settings page,
Click Admin tab in the header pane to open the configuration wizard page.
Click Custom Schedules icon under Integration & Add-ons block.
Add Custom Schedule
- To add a schedule, click Add New Schedule button in the Custom Schedules list page.
- Enter the name of the schedule in the Schedule Name field.
- Select Enabled radio button to enable the custom scheduling. You can also disable a schedule by clicking Disabled radio button.
- Select the Execution Type between Class and Script.
- If you select the Execution Type as Class, then you need to specify the Executor class in the field provided. For example, "com.scp.jira.jiraImplementation".
- If you select the Execution Type as Script, then you need to specify the name and path of the script file in the Executor field. For example, "cmd / c Index.bat". By default the scripts will run from "[SCP_Home]/custom_scripts/" directory.
- Specify the Start Date & Time on when the custom schedule should be executed.
- The custom schedule can be repeated periodically over a particular number of days/hours. Specify the day (s) /hour (s) in the Repeat Every field and select Days/Hours from the drop down to run the custom schedule. i.e after every specified nth day/hour the custom schedule will be executed.
Note: The next schedule time will be calculated from the previous schedule's start time instead of the end time.
- Click Save. The schedule is saved and gets displayed in the Custom Schedules list page. Once the schedule is completed, the status will be updated in the Result column.
To edit a schedule,
In the Custom Schedules List page, click the Edit icon beside the schedule you want to edit.
Modify the details and Save the changes. At any point, if you wish to cancel the operation that you are performing, click Cancel.
To delete a schedule,
Click the Delete iconbeside the schedule name you wish to delete. A confirmation dialog appears.
Click OK to proceed with the deletion. If you do not want to delete the group, then click Cancel.