Installing Remote Access Plus agent using Windows GPO
Remote Access Plus requires a light weight non-intrusive agent element to start remotely troubleshooting network computers. Installing agent components to computers in bulk could be a daunting process. That is why, Remote Access Plus supports agent installation using Windows Group Policy Objects start-up scripts. This help page will guide you through the steps to install agents using Windows GPO.
Steps to follow
Configuring network share
- From your Remote Access Plus web console, navigate to Admin tab -> Computers -> on the right corner, find the Download Agent button.
- Now download the agent installable specific to Windows computer, unzip the file and put the .msi and .mst files in a common network network share.
- Download InstallAgent.txt and rename it to .vbs and put this in the same network share.
Configuring a scope for the created group policy
- From the computer in which your domain controller is installed, navigate to Start -> Run -> gpmc.msc.
- Select Domains from the left tree, right click and select Create a GPO in this domain and link it here option.
- Specify a name for the new group policy and save. Now you can find the group policy listed under the domain.
- Select the newly created group policy, under the Scope tab -> add a security filtering -> specify the name of the objects (groups, users or computers) -> Check Names and save.
Executing the VBScript
- Right click on the created group policy and choose to edit.
- Under the Computer Configuration, select Policies -> Windows Settings -> Scripts -> Startup -> Add.
- Browse and specify the script that you put in a network share.
- Specify the parameters as mentioned here : RemoteAccessPlusAgent.msi RemoteAccessPlusAgent.mst
You have now successfully configured GPO start-up script to deploy Remote Access Plus agents.