Deploy Agent with OS Image
OS deployment is the first stage in preparing a computer for business. You can choose to image the agent and deploy the imaged OS to computers, so that agent installation is bundled with the OS deployment. This document will guide you to image a computer with Remote Access Plus image on it. There are four stages, which are described below:
- Prepare a computer with agent to be imaged
- Disable the communication between the computer and the server
- Image the computer
- Run a script to rename and re-establish agent - server communication
Every agent has an unique id which represents the machine with its name and system details. When an agent communicates the server, the specific machine details are updated on the server. When you choose to image an agent and deploy the image, all the deployed images, will have the same details, instead of unique IDs. So in order to avoid this issue, follow the steps mentioned below to image a computer with Remote Access Plus Agent on it.
- Install Remote Access Plus agent in the computer which is to be used for imaging.
- Download this script and store it in the system that is supposed to be imaged.
(running this script will block the Remote Access Plus agent communicating the Remote Access Plus Server)
- Rename the .txt file as .vbs file
- Open the command prompt as administrator and navigate to the folder where the above script is stored.
- Execute the script as:cscript.exe dcagentPreImage.vbs
(example : E:\Downloads>cscript.exe rapagentPreImage.vbs)
- Now your computer is ready to be imaged with Remote Access Plus agent, for deployment.
Remote Access Plus agent in the newly imaged computers will contact the Remote Access Plus server only if they are renamed.
- If you want to manage the imaged computer, download this script and run the same as administrator on the imaged computer after being used for deployment(rename the .txt file as .vbs file).
- This would restore the Remote Access Plus agent communication with the Remote Access Plus server.