How to migrate Remote Access Plus from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture?
Important: Before installing the migration pack follow the steps given below
- Take a backup of the Remote Access Plus server installation directory (<Install_Dir>/RemoteAccessPlus_Server) to avoid any data loss during the migration process.
- Ensure that either your Remote Access Plus installation directory or the Remote Access Plus Directory folder in the system on which the Remote Access Plus database is running is not scanned by the anti virus.
- If the Remote Access Plus Service is being monitored by a 3rd party tool or a script that will restart the service, ensure that you disable it until you complete the migration process.
Steps to migrate :
- Download the migration pack in the computer where the Remote Access Product is installed.
- Stop the Remote Access Plus Server before starting the migrating process. (either through Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Remote Access Plus --> Stop Remote Access Plus or Right click Remote Access Plus logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click Stop Service)
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the <Remote Access Plus_Home>/bin directory.
- Browse to locate the migration pack that you have downloaded and install.
- You have now initiated the migration process. This may take few minutes depending on the amount of data that needs to be migrated, wait until the migration is completed.
- Close and exist the Update Manager tool.
Warning : Don't start the Remote Access Plus server before exiting update manager tool.
- Start the Remote Access Plus Server.(either through Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Remote Access Plus --> Start Remote Access Plus or Right click Remote Access Plus logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click Start Service)
You have successfully migrated Remote Access Plus server from 32 bit to 64 bit architecture.