Prompting users before sharing his/her laptop
Remote Access Plus is completely HIPAA compliant which means you can make the end-user to be the deciding authority to grant access while establishing a remote control session. You can even prompt a request message explaining the necessity of the remote connection where the user can choose to accept/reject the initiated session.
The following steps will help you configure Remote Access Plus to prompt user before sharing his/her desktop.
- From Remote Access Plus web console, navigate to Admin tab -> Remote Control Settings -> User Confirmation.
- Enable the User Confirmation option.
- You can even choose to prompt the confirmation message in locked and logged off computers.
- Specify the Time out value in seconds (default being 30 seconds). Remote control connection will be established if the user accepts connection within the time value specified and gets terminated automatically, if there is no user response.
- Specify the Prompt Message that you want the user to see while you are trying to establish Remote Control.
Note: Having the Make User Confirmation Permanent enabled will not let you to revert the changes. Neither the default admin user nor any user with Admin privileges in Remote Access Manager will be able to revert this change. If you have unknowingly enabled this feature, you should contact Remote Access Plus support to revert it.
Excluding computers from confirmation
If there are certain computers to which you do not want to send a user-confirmation message, you can exclude them from receiving one and remotely connect to them immediately without any approval from the user.
- To exclude the computers from confirmation, navigate to the Admintab, click Remote Control Settings, switch to the User Confirmation tab, and click Exclude Computers.
- Add the computers you want to exclude from prior consent and save.
Note: If you have enabled the Make User Confirmation Permanent option, the exclusion you have configured will not have any effect and your users will be prompted before every remote control session. You have to contact Remote Access Plus support to revert the changes.