Whether you are new to cloud systems management or are simply keen on getting the most out of Intune, you must already know that Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Microsoft Intune is very much capable of managing and deploying updates to client systems across your enterprise. This document takes you through the different steps involved in Intune Patch Management with pictures along the way!
1. First open the Patch Connect Plus console and navigate to the Third Party Updates tab, toggle to Intune and then select the desired third-party update(s), from the list of available updates, to create in Intune/MEM. You can optionally customize the deployment with pre/post scripts if needed. Once the required updates have been selected, click the Publish Now button.
2. Once the required updates have been published to Intune, you are all set to proceed with the deployment. You can now find that the published updates are now available in the Apps section under Client Apps.
3. Now, click on the application for which you would like to deploy updates, to arrive at the overview section.
4. Next, navigate to Properties from the left pane and then click on the 'edit' option, near Assignments found at the bottom of your screen.
5. Once the above step is completed, you'll be guided to a page where you can edit the application. Now click on +Add group option found below Available for enrolled devices.
6. Add the group by clicking on + Add group, before continuing with the successive steps. Once the group has been added, click on Review + save below.