When permission inheritance breaks, it paves the way to make SharePoint more secure. However, it's also a hindrance to administration as it often demands you look up and ensure that each user or group has access to only what is necessary.
Looking up this information in the hierarchy levels of SharePoint for each user or group is tedious. With SharePoint Manager Plus, you can bypass this by directly checking the permissions of the particular user or group you wish to look up.
Steps to check permissions of users or groups:
- 1 Click on the "Management" tab.
- 2 Select the "Permission Management" option in the top-left.
- 3 Choose "Check Permissions" from the listed categories.
- 4 Choose the site collections in which you wish to perform the action.
- 5 Select the user or group whose permissions you want to check.
- 6 From the given check-boxes, check the type of permissions you wish to be displayed.
- 7 Click "Apply".