- How do I find out my Build number?
- 1 Log in to the SharePoint Manager Plus web client, and click the "License" link in the top pane.
- 2 You will find the "Build" number mentioned below the "Product Version"
SharePoint Manager Plus Service Pack
|If your Build Number is
||Upgrade to Build Number
|4300 through 4303
Download and upgrade to latest 4304
|4100 through 4201
Download and upgrade to 4300
Note: We strongly recommend you to take backups before migrating. This helps you prevent accidental loss of data.
Instructions to apply Service Pack
- 1Shut down SharePoint Manager Plus
- If the product runs as an application, click on Start → All Programs → SharePoint Manager Plus → Stop SharePoint Manager Plus.
- If the product runs as a windows service, click on Start → Run → type "services.msc" → Stop "ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus".
- 2Back up SharePoint Manager Plus by zipping the contents of <SharePointManagerPlusHome> directory.
- 3Ensure that <SharePointManagerPlusHome> directory have Write permission.
- If not sure, provide "Full control" for "Everyone" user, which can be removed after applying the Service pack.
- Right click on <SharePointManagerPlusHome> directory → Security tab → Add "Everyone" with "Full control" → Apply
- 4Open Command Prompt and execute the UpdateManager.bat file under <SharePointManagerPlusHome>\bin directory.
- 5For Windows 7 / Vista / 2008 / 2008 R2 machines with User Account Control enabled, Select 'Run as Administrator' while opening Command Prompt
- 6Click Browse and select the .ppm file that you have downloaded.
- 7Click on Install for the service pack. Depending on the amount of data to be migrated, the installation procedure may take a few minutes. Please do not terminate prematurely.
- 8Click Close and then Exit to quit Update Manager tool.
- 9Start SharePoint Manager Plus.
- If the product runs as an application, click on Start → All Programs → SharePoint Manager Plus → Start SharePoint Manager Plus.
- If the product runs as a windows service, click on Start → Run → type "services.msc" → right-click "ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus" → Start
Note: If you need to apply more than one service pack, follow the same instructions for each installation.
How do I find my current build number? (Refer screenshot)
- Log in to the SharePoint Manager Plus web client.
- Click on the License link at the top right corner.
- Find the Build number.
You can contact SharePoint Manager Plus Support at any time for assistance in upgrading SharePoint Manager Plus to the latest version.