Android Configuration Profiles
You can design a profile to impose policies and restrictions on the managed mobile device. The following profile specifications can be customized and stored in specific versions, to be associated with devices/groups at any point of time. These profiles are tailored for managing Android devices.
You can learn more about the profiles supported by MDM for Android, the underlying restrictions provided by each profile and the supported devices (Samsung, Core Android, Profile Owner, and Device Owner) for the profiles below. Only devices running Android OS 5.0 or later versions can be provisioned as Profile Owner or Device Owner.
- Passcode - Defines parameters about creating a password.
- Restrictions - Restrictions and permissions related to device functionality like Bluetooth, Camera, encrypting device data, etc.
- E-mail - Configuring mail settings including mail server authentication and SSL.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - Configuring VPN and proxy settings to securely access corporate data from the devices.
- Exchange ActiveSync - Configuring ActiveSync settings to sync Exchange data with the client apps on devices.
- Enterprise Factory Reset Protection - Configuring EFRP for managed devices.
- Wi-Fi - Configuring Wi-Fi and proxy settings for devices to connect to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Kiosk - Configure Kiosk profile to lock down the device to selective applications.
- Wallpaper - Specify the image to be used as wallpaper on device's lockscreen/home screen.
- Asset Tagging - Specify the image to be used as wallpaper on device's lockscreen/home screen.
- Global HTTP Proxy - Configuring Global Proxy settings to ensure that users need not specify proxy settings anywhere else on MDM.
- Certificate - Configure Certificate profile to push CA certificates to the managed devices.
- Web Shortcuts - Specify web shortcuts to be provisioned on the devices for quick access.
- Web Content Filter - Configure this policy to manage the web content to be viewed in device browsers.
- Access Point Name (APN) - Configuring the Access Point Name (APN) settings on devices to connect to a carrier for data connection.
- OEMConfig - Configuring OEM-specific, customised settings to gain granular control over the devices.