Send out unlimited announcements or alert notifications to all the end users and computers in and out of your corporate network with Endpoint Central. In one shot the message will be delivered to all the users you pick. In a critical situation, organizations cannot rely on E-mail to convey the message. At times like these, in a matter of minutes, the information will be displayed on all users or computers' screens instantly with the help of Announcements.
Supported OS: Windows
Hint: Send an announcement to notify users about VPN maintenance or regarding a critical patch update.
Note: Announcement will be executed based on Central Server time.
Under Action tab click on three dots to perform the below operations on already scheduled task:
Announcement can be deployed to bulk number of users or computers simultaneously. It is essential to get a complete summary of announcement execution and its status to track if it was displayed or not.
1. What will happen if an announcement is scheduled to be displayed on a computer only once within a specific time period but the computer is inactive?
In that case, status of the announcement will be displayed as "expired", which means, the announcement has not been displayed but the time limit has ended.
2. What will happen if I deploy an announcement to users all at once?
When you deploy an announcement to multiple users in bulk, your message will get displayed to first 200 users instantly and the rest will happen during 90-minute refresh policy.
3. How can I create a new announcement by editing the existing one?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to create a new announcement by editing the existing one:
4. What will happen when I suspend an announcement which is scheduled to be displayed only once?
If an announcement is suspended, then the announcement will not be displayed on the client's computers henceforth. You can resume the announcement in future to continue displaying the announcement. However, the announcement will be displayed only if the announcement's end date has not been reached and it will be displayed to computers to which this was not displayed.
5. What will happen when an announcement is targeted to a user who is logged on to multiple computers?
Announcement will be displayed on all the computers wherever the targeted user is logged on.
6. Can I send announcement to any number of computers or users?
Announcements can be displayed on any number of managed computers or users multiple times based on the requirement.