Booting and Deployment
After replicating the images to the remote office, we have to boot the target machines using bootable media. Once booted, the images can be deployed to these target machines using either deployment tasks or deployment templates. Let us look at the steps involved in booting and deployment.
- To deploy images to remote offices, you have to boot the target machines using the created WinPE media
- For PXE media: Publish the PXE media to the Distribution Server of the respective remote office. The next step is to configure the DHCP server using the IP address of the machine where the Distribution Server is installed. Finally, boot the target machine using onboard NIC
- For USB media: Download the USB media from the console and copy it to a USB drive. You can then use this USB drive to boot the target machine
- For ISO media: Download the ISO media from the console and burn it to a CD/DVD drive. You can then use this ISO media to boot the target machine
- Once the machine is booted, we can deploy images to the remote office using a deployment task or deployment template.