How to migrate the Patch Connect Plus server?
This document provides the detailed steps to migrate the Patch Connect Plus server from one machine to another. A user can migrate the server for many reasons:
- A machine's OS may have reach its End-Of-Life.
- Due to system's various configuration issues.
- A user may have installed the server in a testing machine for evaluation and later may migrate to another machine after purchasing license.
Do not install an EXE in the new machine. Only the installation directory should be copied to the new machine.
Follow the given steps to migrate the Patch Connect Plus server from one machine to another.
- Stop ManageEngine Patch Connect Plus service prior to migration.
- Backup the PatchConnectPlus Folder.
- Run the uninstall.bat under admin privilege.[Bat location: ManageEngine\PatchConnectPlus\bin\scripts]
- Move the product folder to the new location.
- Run runOnce.bat as an administrator. [Bat location: ManageEngine\PatchConnectPlus\bin]
- Launch the Patch Connect Plus server.
- Reconfigure the following under the Admin tab-> Publish settings if needed,
- WSUS server
- Application Management
- Site database server
To know more about Publish settings, kindly refer to this link.
You have now successfully migrated the Patch Connect Plus server.
If you still have queries in this migration process, kindly send the server logs to support.