.Net Framework failure. Error : "Asia"
You're trying to install Dot Net framework updates and they may fail showing the following error: "Asia".
The possible reasons for this error could be as follows:
- There is not enough space on the disk.
- There could be a compatibility issue. This might require you to rename the below mentioned registry key.
- Insufficient space on the disk
- Clean up your disk and ensure your disk has a decent amount of space.
- Rename the registry key
- Go to Endpoint Central Console and follow the step given below to rename the registry key by uploading scripts
Go to configurations-->custom scripts-->computer-->repository
- Copy paste the below given script to rename the bat files in your machine :
Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe.old" /f
Reg copy "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe.old"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe" /s /f
Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe" /f
Steps to follow to copy the script
- Open Notepad.
- Copy and paste above script.
- Save the file as rename.bat.
- Use custom script configuration to deploy the script on failed machines.
- You can also rename the registry key by manually entering the command in the command line available. To do so,
Go to configurations-->custom scripts-->computer-->command line
If the issue persists even after following the above mentioned resolution, please feel free to contact Support