How to deploy Adobe Acrobat XI using Endpoint Central?
This document provides you the steps required to deploy Adobe Acrobat XI to multiple computers using Endpoint Central.
To deploy Adobe Acrobat XI, follow the steps given below:
- Download the package
- Download the script and rename it
- Add Software package
- Deploy to target computers
Download the Package
Download the package from https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html and store it in the network share. The network share should have read access to 'Everyone' and 'Authenticated Users' group.
Note: Download the appropriate edition which you require, eg : Acrobat XI pro installer/Acrobat XI standard installer.
Download the Script
Download the attached script adobe-acrobat-xi.txt and store it in the same location where the package is downloaded and rename the script to adobe-acrobat-xi.vbs
Adding the Software Package
- Click on Software Deployment Tab
- Under packages, click Add Package
- Choose the application type as MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Choose Network Path and click Browse to locate the file.
- Under Installation command with Switches/Arguments enter the following
For Acrobat XI pro edition - cscript.exe "\\<sharename>\<foldername>\adobe-acrobat-xi.vbs" "AcrobatPro_11_Web_WWMUI.exe"
For Acrobat XI standard edition - cscript.exe "\\<sharename>\<foldername>\adobe-acrobat-xi.vbs" "AcrobatStd_11_Web_WWMUI.exe"
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you have added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Adobe Acrobat XI to the target computers.