This document provides steps required to deploy Sky Drive Pro 2013 to multiple computers using Endpoint Central.
To deploy Sky Drive Pro 2013, follow the steps given below:
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone in the group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
- Download the EXE from Microsoft website.
- From the command prompt, execute the following command: <exe_file_name> /extract:.\setup
- A setup folder gets created at the same location with setup.exe file within it.
- Copy all the extracted contents, with the same directory structure, to the network share that you created.
- Download the Office Customization Tool (OCT) from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35554) and install it:
Note: When installing the OCT, you are required to specify the network share, that you created, as the location extract the files. Three folders will be extracted from the OCT. They are ADM, Admin, and ADMX.
- Open a command prompt window
- Change the directory to the network share where you have copied the installable file
- Enter setup.exe /admin
Note: This opens the OCT from where you can specify the information about the license, information about the company, and change outlook profiles.
- Enter the required product key under Licensing and user interface.
Note: If you select the MAK(Multiple Activation Key) option, you are required to enter a 25-character key. However, if you select the KMS key option, you are not required to enter a key.
- Select the Display Level as None and select the Suppress Modal check box Completion notice should be unchecked as it will be checked by default.
- Specify whether to remove the installations of older versions
- Make the following settings if you do not want computers to reboot after installation:
- In the OCT, under Setup, click Modify Setup Properties
- Click Add
- In the Name field, enter SETUP_REBOOT
- In the Value section, type Never
Your computers will not be rebooted after installation.
- Change the default language settings, if required, after installation. This is an optional step.
- Save the customized file with a suitable name, after making the required customization changes. (for example, the name could be custom.msp)
Note: This MSP file should also be saved in the same network share.
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as <share_name>\setup.exe /adminfile "<share_name>\<msp file name>". For example, \\DC-machine1\software\skydrive2013\setup.exe /adminfile "\\DC-machine1\software\skydrive2013\custom.msp"
- Click Add Package