Encrypted key file uploaded
If you have uploaded an encrypted key file while importing the SSL certificate for enabling secured communication (HTTPS), you may get this error message:
- Uploaded key file is encrypted
You can try to resolve the issue, by decrypting the encrypted file. Follow the below steps to decrypt file:
For Endpoint Central version below 11.1.2242.01:
- Navigate to the <Endpoint Central installed directory>/apache/bin.
- Place your encrypted key file in this directory.
- Open command prompt with administrator privilege from this location.
- Execute this command openssl rsa -in <encrypted key file name> -out decrypted_key.key
- When prompted to enter a password, enter the password which you used for encrypting the key file.
For Endpoint Central version 11.1.2242.01 and above:
- Move the generated key file to Endpoint Central Installation directory/bin.
- Open Command Prompt with admin privileges and navigate to Endpoint Central Installation directory/bin.
- Execute generateCSR.bat file.
- Enter 2 to decrypt the .key file.
- Enter the name of the key file along with its passphrase.
- The decrypted key file will be generated in Endpoint Central installation directory/bin. [Existing decrypted key files will be overwritten]
You have successfully decrypted the file. Now try uploading the certificate using the decrypted_key.key file.
Applies to: Import SSL certificate
Keywords: Encrypted key file, decrypt, SSL certificate