How to install BlackBerry software using Endpoint Central?
This document will explain you about the steps involved in installing Black Berry software.
Steps to deploy Black Berry software to a PC
- Download the Black Berry Desktop Software 6.1 .exe file from www.blackberry.com/desktop.
- Extract the downloaded content into a new directory in the common network share
- In the web console, navigate to Software Deployment > Packages > Add Package
- Select package type as MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Enter "Application Name"
- Select path type as "Network Path"
- Under "Installation Command with Switches/Arguments:"
- Browse for the setup.exe from the extracted folder in the network share
- Specify the silent install parameters as follows :
\\nwshare\610_b038_multilanguage\setup.exe /s /l<language_code> /v" /qn <parameter_list>
Eg: To install the application in English language, for all users, creating a desktop shortcut :
\\nwshare\610_b038_multilanguage\setup.exe /s /l1033 /v" /qn ALL_USERS=1 SHORTCUT_DESKTOP=1
- Click Add Package
- Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have successfully deployed Black Berry software to computers.