Image creation and replication
The next step of performing OS deployment in remote offices is replicating the images, drivers and applications available in the local office to remote office. The images can also be created for a specific remote office if needed.
By now, you would have already created images in the local office, you can replicate them to the remote office and perform deployment. You can replicate images either from Create Image view or Remote office view.
Create image view
Follow the steps given below to replicate images from Create image view.,
- Go to Images tab, under Online Imaging, view the list of created images.
- Click on Actions on the image you want to replicate and select Replicate to remote office.
- All the available remote offices will be listed now. Select the remote office where you want to replicate the image and select the image repository available in the remote office to store the replicated images.
- Select Replicate to replicate the image.Image will be replicated based on the replication policy you have selected while configuring OS deployment settings. If you want to replicate the images immediately, you can enable the Replicate Now option.
Remote office view
Follow the steps given below to create images from Remote office view,
- Go to OS deployment tab, under Admin, select Remote office and view the listed of created remote offices.
- Click on Actions on the remote office you want to replicate and select Replicate image from local office.
- All the available images created in the local office will be listed now. Select the images which you want to replicate to the remote office and select the image repository available in the remote office to store the replicated images.
- Select Replicate to replicate the image.I mage will be replicated based on the replication policy you have selected while configuring OS deployment settings. If you want to replicate the images immediately, you can enable the Replicate Now option.
Now the Images will be successfully replicated to the remote office. The deployment tasks and deployment templates created with the replicated images can now be used for deployment in the remote offices.
Manual Image Replication
You can perform image replication manually by copying the image file from the local office image repository to any of the configured remote office image repositories. In the next replication cycle, this manual image replication will be considered. Refer this document to learn more about manual image replication. Manual image replication can also be used to replicate images from one remote office to another.
Replication of Drivers and Applications
- When a Remote Office deployment is initiated, the Distribution Server will download the required drivers and applications automatically to the Remote Office driver repository.
- The drivers can also be manually copied to the Remote Office driver repository