How to automate the patch deployment process?
This document will guide you through the steps involved in automating the patch deployment using Desktop Central MSP
To automate patch deployment for a set of computers, follow the steps below:
- Add your customers and install the agent on your clients' computers that you wish to manage.
- Configure the proxy server settings to download the patches from the vendors website.
- Schedule Vulnerability update interval to synchronize the details of the latest patches that are made available by the vendors.
- Select the Patch Mgmt tab
- Click the Automate Patch Deployment link available under Settings in the left pane. This will list the set of tasks that have already been defined.
- Click Schedule Patch Task to add a new task.
- Name the task and select "Automatically download the missing patches and deploy" as the deployment option.
- Choose the interval at which the task should be run.
- Select the target computers to be scanned. If required, you can also exclude targets based on Target Type, OS, Machine Type, etc.
- Click Create.
The task gets created and all the chosen computers will be scanned at the scheduled intervals for patches and the missing patches gets deployed automatically.
- The scanning operation will take fixed time of 2 hours to take into account the agent contact interval of 90 minutes plus an additional scanning buffer of 30 minutes. The patch doenload and deployment will being after 2 hours from the time of the schedule.