What are the ports used by the Desktop Central MSP application?
This document lists the ports you are required to open to ensure that there is uninteruppted communication between the agent, Desktop Central MSP server and the distribution server.
Computer on which the Desktop Central MSP Server is installed: To enable communication between the Desktop Central MSP agent and distribution servers with the Desktop Central MSP server:
- 8040: Used for communication between the agent and the distribution server
- 8041: Used for communication between the agent and the distribution server (secure mode)
- 8047: Used to share remote computers (secure mode)
- 8048: Used to share remote computers
- 8053: Used to transfer files (secure mode)
- 8054: Used to transfer files
- 8057: Used to complete on-demand tasks like inventory scanning, patch scanning, remote control, remote shutdown and moving agents from one remote office to another
Distribution Server: To enable Desktop Central MSP agents to communicate with the distribution server:
- The ports mentioned above are default ports that are used by the Desktop Central MSP application. However you can opt to have port numbers of your choice.
- If there is a firewall between Desktop Central MSP server and the distribution server, all the ports listed above should be opened in the firewall. If you are not using a distribution server, you can just open the ports used by the Desktop Central MSP server.