Software Deployment How To's
How to use MST files in deploying MSI based applications to client computers?
Applications like MS Office must be customized with license key, components to install, etc., before deployment. The customization will be stored as an MST file, which should be given here as input. Software deployment will be done using both MSI and MST files. For more details about the MS Office MST creation refer to our Software Deployment Guide.
Steps to deploy MSI with MST files to a PC
- Goto Software Deployment and click the Add Package button. This opens the Add Package page.
- Select the Package Type as MSI and specify the Application Name.
- Upload the MSI file.
- Click Add More link and add the MST file that you have created.
- Specify the name of the MSI file in MSI File Name.
- Select the Installer/Uninstaller Settings and specify the MST File Name.
- Click Add Package button. The package will get added in the Software Repository, which you can select and deploy on specific systems of your choice.