Agent Installation - Change Name/IP/Port Number of Desktop Central Server
You want to update a new DNS name/ip and port number of the Desktop Central Server in the agents (Client Computers) that are already installed
You have moved your Desktop Central Server to another machine which has a different name/ip and port number.
You can change the following in the Desktop Central Agents that have been already installed:
- The Name or the IP Address of the Desktop Central Server
- The HTTP and HTTPS ports that are used by the Desktop Central Agents to communicate with the Server
- The mode of the communication as HTTP or HTTPS
To change the values,
- Download the configureDCAgentServerCommunication.txt and rename it to configureDCAgentServerCommunication.vbs
- Copy the script to the client computers whre the agent is installed.
- Open a command prompt (start --> Run --> cmd and press enter)
- Execute the command given below:
cscript configureDCAgentServerCommunication.vbs <DCServerName> <DCServer IP Address> <DCServer HTTP Port> <DCServer HTTPS Port> <DCServerAgent Comm Protocol>
Example: cscript configureDCAgentServerCommunication.vbs joe.manageengine.com 192.168.112.146 8020 8383 http
Applies to: Server Migration, Agent-Server Communication
Keywords: Update Server Details, Agent-Server Communication