Remote Control - Unable to establish Remote Control - "Agent version is not compatible"
You are trying to establish a Remote Control session with a remote desktop. However, you encounter an error - "Agent version is not compatible".
The remote control session will not get established if the Agent version on the client machine is not compatible with the Desktop Central Server version. You may encounter this problem if you are trying to establish the Remote Control session immediately after applying a ppm of the Desktop Central MSP application. Whenever you upgrade the Desktop Central MSP by applying the ppm, the agent upgradation happens as below:
- For systems that are running and the users have already logged on to those systems - during the subsequent refresh cycle or within the next 90 minutes.
- For systems that are running but no user has logged on - during user logon or within 90 minutes whichever happens earlier.
- For systems that are shutdown - during the system startup.
You will be able to make a remote connection only when the agent upgradation is completed. The following are the options available for you:
- Wait till the agent upgrade happens automatically - Within 90 minutes/User Logon/System Startup.
Note: The two options given below should be done on the computer which you are trying to take control of.
- Right click on the Agent Tray icon on the Client Desktop and select Apply Configurations from the pop-up menu. Once the configuration is applied you will be able to estblish the remote control session.
- In case you have disabled the Agent Tray icon on the client machine, then navigate to the location where you have the DesktopCentral_Agent installed. Navigate to the bin folder in this location and double-click the cfgupdate.exe to execute it. This will upgrade the Agent version installed in the client machine and the remote control session can be established now. Ex: C:\Program Files\DesktopCentral_Agent\bin
Applies to: Remote Control, Agent Version is not compatible, Remote Control Failure
Keywords: Remote Control failure, Agent Upgrade, Agent Version incompatible