Patch Download Failure - "Error 403"
You are trying to download patches of Microsoft/other vendors. However Patch download fails with error message: "Error Code 403".
Error code 403 occurs when the web server is not reachable or access to the server has been denied. This might happen due to various reasons such as, forbidden access, or connectivity issues.
- Ensure that the configured Proxy settings has permission to download the installabe files from the below mentioned websites
- http://download.microsoft.com - for Microsoft applications
- http://hyperion.zih.tu-dresden.de - for Mozila Firefox
- http://ardownload.adobe.com - for Adobe patches
- http://mirror.switch.ch - for Mozilla Thunderbird
- http://fpdownload.macromedia.com - for Adobe Shockwave Player
- http://fpdownload.adobe.com - for Adobe Flash Player
- http://javadl.sun.com - for Java updates
- Retry the process of downlading the patch from the vendors website.
- In case if this problem continues, kindly contact email@example.com
Applies to: Patch Deployment Failure, Patch Download Failure, Error 403
Keywords: Problem while downloading the patch from server, Patch Installation Failure