Patch Configuration Failure - "Draft Download Failed"
You are trying to deploy patches of Microsoft/other vendors. However Patch Configuration fails with error message: "Draft - Download Failed".
The possible reasons could be:
- Proxy might not have been configured. (or) Authentication provided in the proxy settings does not have necessary privileges to download EXE files.
- You do not have access to download EXE files from the respective Software Vendor site.
- Add the proxy settings. Go to Admin --> Proxy settings --> Type the appropriate user name and password along with IP. The user specified should have the permission to download the exe file.
- Given below are the list of the sites from where Desktop Central downloads the patches. The proxy credential supplied should have access to downlod the executbles from these sites:
- http://download.microsoft.com - for Microsoft applications
- http://hyperion.zih.tu-dresden.de - for Mozilla Firefox
- http://ardownload.adobe.com - for Adobe patches
- http://mirror.switch.ch - for Mozilla Thunderbird
- http://fpdownload.macromedia.com - for Adobe Shockwave Player
- http://fpdownload.adobe.com - for Adobe Flash Player
- http://javadl.sun.com - for Java updates
Applies to: Patch Deployment, Patch Configuration, Patch Download
Keywords: Patch Management, Deploy Patches, Configure Patch Installation, Download Patches