- Network Management
- Server Management
- Fault Management
- Network Fault Management
- IT Workflow Automation
- Email Alert
- SMS Alert
- Network Monitoring Tools
- Real Time Graph
- Switch Port Mapper
- Connect From Anywhere
- SNMP Trap Processing
- Syslog Monitoring
- Event Log Monitoring
- Threshold Based Alerting
- Integration with HelpDesk
- Advanced Alert Management
- Customizable Dashboards
- Service Level
- Network Performance Reporting
- Top N Reports
- Business Snapshot Based Reports
- Scheduled Emailing of
- Data Center Management
- Enterprise-class Scalability
- Integrations and Plug-ins
- Do it yourself deployment
- Monitor IT on the move
Active Directory Monitoring
Upon discovery of Domain Controllers, OpManager automatically associates the Active Directory monitors to the server and starts monitoring for performance and availability. Every monitored parameter is mapped with industry best-practiced thresholds by default. You can start with these thresholds and later tweak to suit your AD monitoring requirements.
OpManager's Active Directory Monitoring features
- Monitor Active Directory Services
- Monitor Domain Controller Roles
- Monitor Active Directory System Performance
- Monitor Critical AD Processes, Counters, & Store
- An exclusive Active Directory Dashboard
Exchange Server Monitoring | MS SQL Monitoring | Services Monitoring | Windows Service Monitoring | Process Monitoring | Website Monitoring
Active Directory Monitoring - Monitor Active Directory Services
Active Directory depends on certain critical services for proper operation.The first step in ensuring Active Directory availability is to monitor these critical services.
Active Directory Monitor monitors the following critical services
- Server Service that enables the computer to connect to other computers on the network based on the SMB protocol.
- File Replication Service that maintains file synchronization of file directory contents among multiple servers.
- DNS Client service that resolves and caches DNS names.
- Security Accounts Manager Service that signals other services that the Security Accounts Manager subsystem is ready to accept requests.
- Intersite Messaging Service that is used for email-based replication between sites.
- Kerberos Key Distribution Center Service that enables users to log on to the network using Kerberos version 5 authentication protocol.
- Net Logon Service that supports pass-through authentication of account logon events for computers in a domain.
When any of these services become unavailable, your Active Directory Server will not be able to perform critical tasks properly.
Active Directory Monitoring - Domain Controller Roles
Domain controller roles perform specific functions in an Active Directory environment. These specialized roles include PDC Emulator, Infrastructure Master, RID Master, Domain Naming Master, and Schema Master. OpManager's Active Directory Monitor does a good job of identifying the roles assigned to the server in the network.
Active Directory Monitoring - Monitor Active Directory System Performance
Active Directory Add-on monitors CPU, Memory and Disk Space utilization as well as Processor Queue length using WMI. Operators can get both real-time and historical statistics for CPU, Memory and Disk Utilization. Using customizable thresholds, operators can be notified well in advance and thereby proactively prevent outages before they occur. You can also see the number of processes and services that are active on the system.
Active Directory Monitoring - Monitor Critical Processes, Counters & AD Store
Active Directory Add-on monitors the usage of critical LSASS & NTFRS processes. Parameters monitored include CPU Usage, Physical RAM, File Reads, File Writes, Cache Hits, etc. You can also monitor critical Network counters like Connected Users, LDAP Client Sessions, & LDAP Bind Time as well as Performance Counters like NTLM Authentication, Kerberos Authentication & LDAP Searches.
Active Directory Monitor Dashboard
Active Directory Monitor offers an intuitive dashboard which gives you an overall picture of your Active Directory health at-a-glance.
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional Active Directory Monitoring features implemented in OpManager, we would love to hear. Click here to continue