Computers/File Shares of Domains do not get listed in the Network Browser
Your Network Browser does not list all the computers/shares.
You may face this problem if,
- If the Desktop Central Server is installed on a machine running Vista/2008 Server, the credentials might not have been set in the ManageEngine Desktop Central 6 Service under Services Console of Administrative Tools under Control Panel.
- The NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the system from where you connect to the client is disabled.
Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the system from where you connect to the client.
To enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP, follow the steps below:
- Open the Network Connections.
- Right-click Local Area Connection and select Properties.
- From the General Tab of the Local Area Connection Properties, select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and click Properties.
- Click Advanced to open the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog.
- Select the WINS tab.
- Select the option Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP option and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) Properties dialog.
- Click Close to close the Local Area Connection Properties dialog.
Applies to: Software Deployment, Software Installation, Remote Software Distribution, Uninstalling Software from desktops
Keywords: List Computers in Active Directory, Centrally Administer Software Installation, Centralized Software Deployment
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields