Desktop Central supports two modes of viewing the remote computers, viz. ActiveX Viewer and Java Viewer. While the Java Viewer using Java technology to show the desktop, the ActiveX viewer uses the browsers ActiveX components to show the desktop. Hence, the browser (from where the connection is being established) whould have the ActiveX controls enabled. This document will provide you with the steps to enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer browser.
Steps to enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer
- Select Tools --> Internet Options menu from the Internet Explorer.
- Select the Security tab from the Internet Options dialog.
- Select Local Intranet Web content zone and click Custom Level.
- Make the following options available under ActiveX controls and plug-ins to either Enable or Prompt:
- Download signed ActiveX controls
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Click OK to save the Security Settings dialog.
- Click OK to save and close the Internet Options dialog.