Manage Configurations, Take Control of Changes, Ensure Compliance, Automate Tasks!
DeviceExpert is a web–based, multi vendor network change, configuration and compliance management (NCCCM) solution for switches, routers, firewalls and other network devices. Trusted by thousands of network administrators around the world, DeviceExpert helps automate and take total control of the entire life cycle of device configuration management.
||Provision to define standards and check the configurations for compliance to the rules defined.
||Comprehensive reports depicting violations and compliance. Out-of-the-box reports for SOX, HIPAA regulations.
Automation & Tools
|Automating Configuration Tasks
||Robust provision for automating time-consuming, labor-intensive tasks. Deploy configuration changes in bulk to many devices.
||Command Execution Tools
||Utilities and tools to execute various commands on the devices and display the output on the GUI.
|Searching Devices, Configuration
||Provision to do quick searches for specific words, strings, phrases or a combination of these in device configuration files.
||Database Backup & Disaster Recovery
||Provision for a reliable disaster recovery mechanism through periodic backup. Scripts for quick restoration.
|Integration with External Identity Stores
||Provision to import users from Windows Active Directory or LDAP and also leverage the authentication mechanism.
||Switch Port Mapper
||Tool to identify the list of devices connected to each port of the managed switch. This eliminates the need for manually tracing the network cables.
Audit & Reports
What problems does it solve?
- Analysis by IT experts has revealed that the commonest cause for most Network outages is faulty configuration changes. In IT enterprises, network administrators manage a large number of network devices and quite often they need to carry out unplanned configuration changes. As configuration changes have to be made almost continuously, administrators are struggling to keep track of the changes done to the configurations. In the face of network outages, it becomes difficult to troubleshoot. DeviceExpert helps maintain versions of device configurations in a secure, centralized repository and manage them from a single interface.
- Network devices are the crucial components of the enterprise and unauthorized configuration changes could wreak havoc on the network. Even when genuine configuration changes are done, the security professionals are required to ensure that the changes do not create any impact on the network security. DeviceExpert helps the network security professionals to take total control of the configuration changes.
- With increasing security threats to mission-critical network resources and serious legal consequences of information mis-management, IT managers everywhere are required not just to follow standard practices, internal security policies, stringent Government regulations and industrial guidelines, but also demonstrate that the policies are enforced and network devices remain compliant to the policies defined. DeviceExpert precisely helps in achieving this with ease.
- Automation is the buzzword in IT operations nowadays. IT Managers are always on the look out for automating repetitive and time consuming tasks in order to reduce operations cost and improve productivity. DeviceExpert helps automate all configuration tasks and improve productivity.
What you can do with DeviceExpert?
- Backup configurations, maintain history, compare versions & upload changes, all from a centralized web GUI. DeviceExpert completely eliminates the time-consuming practice of manually connecting to the devices via Telnet or SSH to manage configurations
Take Control of Changes
- Monitor configuration changes, get instant notifications & prevent unauthorized changes
- Define standard practices and policies and automatically check device configurations for compliance. Get reports on compliance status and satisfy your auditors
- Automate all repetitive, time-consuming configuration management tasks
- Get complete record of who, what and when of configuration changes
What platforms/vendors/technologies does it support?
- Platforms: Windows and Linux
- Vendors: Cisco, HP, Nortel, Juniper, Force10, 3Com, D-link, Foundry, Dell, Aruba, Extreme, ADTRAN, Enterasys, Huawei, Blue Coat, Proxim, NetScreen, NETGEAR, FortiNet, ALAXALA, Brocade, Radware, DAX, H3C, Yamaha, Vanguard, Allied Telesis, Alcatel, Fujitsu, Motorola, Acme Packet, Watch Guard, Canoga Perkins
"Ability to create and push network device configurations
in automated fashion saves us a great deal of time. DeviceExpert is a very powerful configuration management tool."
Kevin Spies, LightYear Network Solutions, LLC