GPO Update Tool
In a Windows Domain Setup, Group Policy Objects (GPOs) can be used to configure the computer and user objects of the Active Directory. The GPOs reaches the individual computers periodically, say every 90 minutes. If you wish to update the GPOs manually you can execute the GPUpdate utility available in the client computers, which is time consuming. The GPO Update Tool can be used to update the GPOs in the computers from remote. You can update the GPOs of multiple computers simultaneously. To update the GPOs, follow the steps below:
- Click the GPO Update tool from the Launcher to invoke the tool.
- Specify the Domain name, user name and password to perform a GPO update. Please note that the user name and password specified here should have the necessary privileges to do this operation in all the computers.
- You can either specify the computer names manually as comma separated or use the Browse icon to select the computers to update the GPOs. When you browse to select the computers, specify the following in the pop-up dialog.
- Specify the name of the Domain Controller and click Get Computers. It will list all the computers of that domain.
- Select the Computers for which you wish to do a GPO update and click OK.
- The selected computers will get added to the Computers field.
- Click Do GPO Update to update the GPOs in the selected computers.