Free utility to retrieve the information about local users and groups in the remote computers. The user details include, Computer Name, User Name, Full Name, Caption, Status, etc. The group details include, Computer Name, Group Name, Caption, Description, and Status. The Administrator can specify a common credential to perform this operation on multiple computers and can select the computers by specifying the Domain Controller.The results can be exported to a CSV or Text format for a later reference. To use this tool, follow the steps below:
- Click the Local Users/Groups Tool from the Launcher to invoke the tool.
- Specify the Domain name, user name and password. Specify Workgroup name in the case of workgroup computers. Please note that the user name and password specified here should have the necessary privileges to do this operation in all the computers.
- You can either specify the computer names manually as comma separated or in case of Active Directory setup use the Browse icon to select the computers. When you browse to select the computers, specify the following in the pop-up dialog.
- Specify the name of the Domain Controller and click Get Computers. It will list all the computers of that domain.
- Select the Computers for which you wish to get local users/groups and click OK.
- The selected computers will get added to the Computers field.
- Click Get Details to get the local users and groups present in selected computers.
- To fetch the domain users present in the computers, Domain Users check box should be selected.