The free Shutdown/Restart tool can be used to either shutdown or restart a computer from remote. You can shutdown/restart multiple computers simultaneously. To shutdown/restart computers remotely, follow the steps below:
- Click the Shutdown/Restart tool from the Launcher to invoke the tool.
- Specify the Domain name, user name and password to shutdown or restart a computer. Please note that the user name and password specified here should have the necessary privileges to do this operation in all the computers.
- You can either specify the computer names manually as comma separated or use the Browseicon to select the computers to shutdown/restart. When you browse to select the computers, specify the following in the pop-up dialog.
- Specify the name of the Domain Controller and click Get Computers. It will list all the computers of that domain.
- Select the Computers that you wish to shutdown/restart and click OK
- The selected computers will get added to the Computers field.
- Click Shutdown or Restart to shutdown or restart the selected computers respectively.