1. What is AD360?
ManageEngine AD360 is an integrated identity and access management (IAM) solution that allows you to provision, modify, and deprovision user identities, and control user access to network resources. It lets you do all these across on-premises Active Directory, Exchange Servers, and cloud applications from a centralized console. It's an integration of two other solutions from ManageEngine:
- ADManager Plus: Simplifies management and reporting of Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365.
- ADSelfService Plus: Empowers users with self-service password management, single sign-on, and real-time password synchronization.
2. What operating systems are supported by AD360?
AD360 support the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (SP3 & above)
3. AD360 runs in a web browser. Does that mean I can access it from anywhere?
Yes, you can connect to the AD360 from any machine on the network through a Web browser.
4. Do I need any prerequisite software to be installed before using AD360?
No, AD360 do not require any prerequisite software to be installed. You need to have only the four components of AD360 installed and running to enjoy all the benefits of the product.
5. Can AD360 work if DCOM is disabled on remote systems?
Yes, AD360 does not use the DCOM service to perform the tasks.
1. What are the different editions of AD360?
AD360 is available as a free download with a 60 day trial period. Once the trial expires, you have to purchase and apply the Professional or Standard Edition license. Click here to identify which edition of AD360 suits you best
2. How can I upgrade to a higher edition?
From any edition, you can upgrade to the required higher edition by obtaining the appropriate license from ZOHO Corp.
1. How do I move AD360 to a different machine? (Migration)
Please follow the steps given below:
Note: Steps 5 and 7 are applicable only if the existing build is migrated from the older version build.
- Stop AD360 which is running currently.
- Go to the <installation directory> \ bin \
- Run the file "backupDB.bat". This will create a backup of the existing database files in zip format under <installation directory> \ backup \.
- Take this zip file (<existing_db_zip_name>) and copy it to the new server.
- Take a copy of "specs.xml" present under <installation directory> \ Patch \ and copy it to the new server
- Install the same version of AD360 (the version you have in the existing server) in the new
- server. Ensure that the application has started and then stop AD360.
- Create a folder named "patch" under installation directory and copy the "specs.xml" under this folder
- Go to the <installation directory> \ bin \. Open a command prompt.
- Type - restoreDB.bat <existing_db_zip_name> and enter. This will restore the previous settings.
- After the restore process is completed, start AD360.
Note: Ensure that you retain the existing installation of AD360 until the new installation of AD360 is working as intended.