Microsoft 365 tenant configuration
This section lists the steps needed to configure a Microsoft 365 tenant for backup. Once you add a Microsoft 365 tenant, you can configure backup schedules for your Azure AD objects, Exchange Online mailboxes, and SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites.
- A service user account with Global Administrator privileges.
Automatic Microsoft 365 tenant configuration
- Log in to RecoveryManager Plus as an administrator.
- Click Account Configuration button located at the top-right corner of the screen and select the Microsoft 365 Tenant tab.
- If you are configuring your first tenant, click Configure using Microsoft 365 Login. Otherwise, choose Add New Tenant, and then click Configure using Microsoft 365 Login.
- Click Proceed in the pop-up that appears.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft 365 login portal. Enter the credentials of a Global Administrator.
- Click Accept.
- An application and service account for RecoveryManager Plus will be created automatically. You will now see a page that displays the list of permissions the application needs. Please note down the application name, which is shown at the top. You will need this later.
- Go through the list and click Accept.
Note: If you do not want to provide all the required permissions, please configure your tenant manually.
- You will now be redirected to the RecoveryManager Plus console, where you can see that AAD Application Status is success for the account you configured. If it is not successful, you will have to do it manually.
Steps to modify a Microsoft 365 tenant
Once you have added a Microsoft 365 tenant, you can modify/edit its details or delete it.
- To refresh a tenant and fetch the most recent configurations, click the icon located in the actions column of the tenant.
- To edit an existing tenant, click on the icon located in the action column of the desired tenant.
- To delete a Microsoft 365 tenant, click on the icon located in the action column of the desired tenant.