Export to PST
This feature allows you to export entire mailboxes or specific mailbox items of your Exchange server to PST.
To export a mailbox from your on-premises Exchange,
- Navigate to Exchange tab → Export to PST.
- Click on the New Export Job button located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select On-Premises in the Exchange Type drop-down.
- Select the Exchange organization which contains the mailbox that you wish to export to PST from the Organization drop-down box.
- Provide a name for the export job.
- Select the mailboxes that you wish to export by clicking the icon in the Select Mailboxes field.
- You can select all the mailboxes by selecting the check-box adjacent to the Display Name text. To search for individual mailboxes, use the icon.
- After you’ve selected all the mailboxes that you wish to export to PST, click OK.
- In the Mailbox Folders to Exclude drop-down, select the folders that you wish to exclude from being exported to PST.
- Provide the path where the PST file should be stored.
- To export all items in the selected folders since the mailbox was created, select All items in the Export field. To export items created or modified in a specific time range, select Items in range and select the time period from the calendar.
- If you wish to add an additional layer of security for your PST, select Secure PST with a password and provide a password.
- Click Export to start the process.
Once you have exported a mailbox to PST, the screen will display the following information.
- The name of the export job.
- The path where the PST file is stored.
- The time at which the export job was initiated.
- The time taken to complete the export job.
- The status (success/failure) of the export job. Clicking on the View Details link will provide the list of steps that the product performed and the status of each step. Finding out the step at which the export failed will assist in troubleshooting any issue that the product might encounter.