Export to PST
This feature allows you to export entire mailboxes or specific mailbox items of your Exchange server to PST.
To export a mailbox from your on-premises Exchange,
- Navigate to Exchange tab → Export to PST.
- Click on the New Export Job button located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select On-Premises in the Exchange Type drop-down.
- Select the Exchange organization which contains the mailbox that you wish to export to PST from the Organization drop-down box.
- Provide a name for the export job.
- Select the mailboxes that you wish to export by clicking the icon in the Select Mailboxes field. You can select all the mailboxes by selecting the check-box adjacent to the Display Name text. To search for individual mailboxes, use the icon. After you’ve selected all the mailboxes that you wish to export to PST, click OK.
You can also import a CSV file with the list of mailboxes to be exported by clicking the
icon. In the pop-up that appears, click Browse
and select the CSV file which contains the mailboxes to be exported.
- In the Mailbox Folders to Exclude drop-down, select the folders that you wish to exclude from being exported to PST.
- Select the local or shared repository in which you would like to store the exported PST file.
- To export all items in the selected folders since the mailbox was created, select All items in the Export field. To export items created or modified in a specific time range, select Items in range and select the time period from the calendar.
- If you wish to add an additional layer of security for your PST, select Secure PST with a password and provide a password.
- Click Export to start the process.
Once you have exported a mailbox to PST, the screen will display the following information.
- The name of the export job.
- The path where the PST file is stored.
- The time at which the export job was initiated.
- The time taken to complete the export job.
- The status (success/failure) of the export job.
- If the product encountered an issue at any point during the PST export, click the Retry link to resume the PST export.
- Click on the View Details link adjacent to the status field to get the list of steps that the product performed and the status of each step. Finding out the step at which the export failed will assist in troubleshooting any issue that the product might encounter.