The dashboard view provides a quick snapshot of backup and restoration information related to your Active Directory environment.
Select a domain to view all information related to the backup and recovery operations carried out in the particular domain. To alternate between multiple domains, click the Domain drop-down box in the top-right and select the domain for which you would like to see the information.
- The right hand side of the dashboard will display information on the number of objects in the domain.
- The left hand side of the dashboard will contain a Quick Backup menu when you configure a new domain.
- Before you perform the initial backup, define the object types, and the OUs to backup.
Note: The settings that you enter here will be saved as your Backup settings. It can be modified later as per your requirement.
- OUs to backup: By default, all OUs are selected for backup. To define the OUs that have to be backed up by the product, click <+/-> icon and select the OUs as per your requirement.
- Objects to backup: By default, all objects and their constituent attributes are selected for backup. To `specify the object types that you wish to backup, click the dropdown box and select the required objects. To modify the attributes that will be backed up for a particular object, click the adjacent to the object and select/deselect the required attributes.
- Enter the credentials of an administrator who is a member of the domain administrators group, if prompted.
- Click Backup Now to start the backup process.
Once a domain has been configured, you can trigger backups at any time right from the dashboard by clicking on the Backup Now at the top right corner of the tab. Also, you can edit the details of the configured domain by clicking on the icon.
As soon as the initial backup is complete, the dashboard will display the total number of objects tracked.
Clicking on the number of available backups opens the Backup Summary and the next scheduled backup sync provides information about when the next backup is scheduled to happen.
Right below it, you can find a segment that display information regarding your Active Directory backups. If no backup operation has been performed, a Configure Now button is displayed. Clicking on the button will take you to the configuration page to perform an initial backup.
Click the Backup or Recovery tab of the Active Directory segment to view the following information.
- A graphical representation of the number of objects backed up or restored and time at which the operation was run.
- A tabular column below shows the number of objects backed up or restored
- Clicking on the number of objects backed up opens the restore tab corresponding to that particular backup, where it lists all the objects backed up in the cycle.
- Clicking on the number of objects restored opens a window with specifics of attribute name, the restored value and old value for the object restored. Click icon to exit the pop up window.
- The status of the backup/restore/rollback operation performed, which can hold any of the below values;
- Date and time when the backup/restore operation commenced.