ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus 5.4
Welcome to ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus - an easy-to-use, Active Directory and Exchange (on-premises and online) backup solution. Easily back up and restore all your AD objects in your AD domian and Exchange mailbox items in a few, simple clicks.
- Active Directory based Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016 domain setup.
Note: Windows Domain setup below Windows 2008 is not supported.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1, 2010 SP2, 2010 SP3, 2013, 2016
Active Directory Backup
||2.13 GHz or higher
||2.13 GHz or higher
||Depends on the number of mailboxes backed up
Note: Make sure that you have downloaded the 64-bit version of RecoveryManager Plus if you wish to backup your Exchange environment.
Before you configure an Office 365 tenant/Exchange organization for backup with RecoveryManager Plus, make sure that you satisfy the prerequisites listed below.
- If you plan to install the product in a system running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008, ensure you have Microsoft .NET version 4 and PowerShell version 2 installed in the system.
- To check if Microsoft .NET Framework is installed, open Command Prompt from Run. Enter the following command reg query
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\full" /v version
Check the displayed version. If the version is below 4 or if it's not installed, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from here.
- To check if PowerShell is installed, type PowerShell from Run. If PowerShell is installed, check for its version number by running the command $PSVersionTable.
If the version is below 2 or if it's not installed, install PowerShell V 2.0 from here.
- Make sure that you have the latest update of Windows C Runtime and Update (UCRT) installed. To download the update package, click here.
RecoveryManager Plus can be installed and run on the following operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture) and versions:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Vista SP2 and later
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
Working with RecoveryManager Plus
Starting RecoveryManager Plus
RecoveryManager Plus can be started either as a user process or a Windows Service.
Starting it as an user process requires the admin to start the application each time the system
on which the app is installed reboots. Starting it as a Windows service allows the product to
start automatically each time the host system is rebooted.
To start RecoveryManager Plus as a user process,
- Select Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager Plus → Start RecoveryManager Plus or double click the ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus icon from the desktop.
Starting the RecoveryManager Plus automatically launches the client in the default browser.
To Start RecoveryManager Plus as a Windows service,
- Stop RecoveryManager Plus if it is already running. Start → All Programs →
RecoveryManager Plus → Stop RecoveryManager Plus
- Select Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager Plus → NT Service
→ Install RMP Service
- Open "Run" and type services.msc
- Select the ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus service, right click and start it.
To access the RecoveryManager Plus console,
- Open a Web Browser of your choice.
- Type http://localhost:8090 OR http://<Host Name>:8090 in the address bar and
Note: By default, RecoveryManager Plus runs on port 8090.
- In the login page enter a valid user name and password. This provides an
authenticated access to RecoveryManager Plus. By default, both the user name and password are "admin".
- Click "Login".
- The RecoveryManager Plus client is launched in the Web browser
Stopping RecoveryManager Plus
To stop RecoveryManager Plus,
Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager
Plus → Stop RecoveryManager Plus.
Backing Up Your Active Directory
After logging in to RecoveryManager Plus, RecoveryManager Plus searches for all domains in the connected forest.
Note: If RecoveryManager Plus does not automatically identify a domain, a popup is displayed requesting you to manually enter the domain name and domain controller details. Enter the credentials of an administrator and add the domain to RecoveryManager Plus to proceed with using the product.
- RecoveryManager Plus can be used to backup and restore multiple domains in the same forest. To add more domains, click on the 'Add domain' link and enter the details of the domain you wish to add.
Note: We highly recommend users with admin privilege to install RecoveryManager Plus as the product would prompt for an administrator's credentials otherwise.
- After adding a domain, you can now proceed to start a backup of all objects present in the selected domain
- By default, ALL OUs and ALL AD Objects in the selected domain are set to be backed up in the initial backup. However, they can be modified based on your needs by using the filters provided.
Note: The initial backup may take a while depending on the number of objects in yourdomain. The time taken to complete the first backup is longer than subsequent backups. This is due to the fact that during the first backup, entire objects are backed up and in the
subsequent backups, only the changes made after the previous backups are backed up.
- By default, the backup schedule is set to take place at 2AM every night. However, you can modify the backup settings to change the schedule to suit your needs.
To uninstall RecoveryManager Plus, select Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager Plus → Uninstall
Copyright and License Agreement
Please refer Copyright and License Agreement before using the package.
Licensing is done through annual subscriptions based on the following parameter:
For purchasing the license or any lincensing related queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The license file will be sent through e-mail.
- Active Directory- Number of user objects in the domain.
- Exchange - Number of mailboxes.
Support and Feedback
You can reach us in following ways: