Download Service Packs
We recommend users to move to the latest version, Device Control Plus build #11.3.2400.9 (Learn what's new!)
The SHA256 checksum hash value is 6dbf8ba2c639b327de39dffe9f3834575c367cbb4a471abf830098120bc238a8
For steps to install the service packs, click here.
- If your build number is Upgrade to Build NumberSHA256 Checksum hash value
- < = 10.0.361Download and upgrade to 10.0.362.3f3917c5edcd9f0cbc7d7c0687c7735525c1deafb82c1b1dad1af5dd6ed4aeda
- 10.0.362Download and upgrade to 10.1.2119.10.64b34e91b46e97a632f51afaf7c18c0a0c76c380dd44ef3ac3370484df7d6245
- 10.1.2119.01 to 11.1.2246.01Download and upgrade to 11.2.2300.24.e2dec536c6500ac8bf445c7a56a9ead9c391470c93f2aa50b5dd9d71d662d017
- 11.2.2300.01 to 11.3.2400.8Download and upgrade to 11.3.2400.9.6dbf8ba2c639b327de39dffe9f3834575c367cbb4a471abf830098120bc238a8
You can find the build number at the top right side corner of the Device Control Plus product.
- For users with both Endpoint Central and Device Control Plus standalone solutions, the two respective agents cannot co-exist within the same system. Contact support and upgrade to the latest build of the Device Control add-on for Endpoint Central to implement a single, common agent.
- Device Control Plus is available as an add-on and as part of the security bundle for Endpoint Central.
- For Endpoint Central users, the Device Control add-on is recommended for enhancing your approach to unified endpoint management and for fortifying your endpoint data security.
Instructions to Apply Service Packs & Hot Fixes
- Shut down Device Control Plus i.e. right click the Device Control Plus logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click on Stop service.
- If the Device Control Plus Service is being monitored by a 3rd party tool or a script that will restart the service, ensure that you disable it until you complete the upgrade process.
- If you have to install a couple of service packs and hotfixes to reach the latest version, it is recommended to exit the Update Manager tool for every PPM installation.
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the/DeviceControlPlus/bin directory.
- Click Browse and select the .ppm file that you have downloaded.
- Click Install to install the service pack. This may take few minutes depending on the amount of data that needs to be migrated.
- Wait until the service pack / hotfix is fully installed.
- Click Close and then click Exit to exit the Update Manager tool.
- Start the Device Control Plus.
What is a Failover Server setup?
A Failover server is a secondary server that starts managing your devices if the primary server goes down, thus eliminating any downtime caused. Learn more.
How to check whether you have a Failover Server setup or not?
In the Device Control Plus web console, go to the Admin tab, under Server Settings, click Failover Server.
If you do not have a Failover Server setup, then the page will look similar to the image given below:
If you do have a Failover Server setup, then the page will look similar to the image given below:
Depending upon the type of setup you have, please follow the instructions below.
Steps to follow if you do not have a Failover Server setup
Steps to follow if you have a Failover Server setup